Stay Connected

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS "Adopt A Hospital" Program

I sent an email to the volunteers. I want to adopt Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh. My family had a big yard sale and the money that my mom, sister and I made is just enough for us to adopt the hospital. I am so excited to do this. Caleb is happy too.
    Mother of two sons. Caleb born with CDH on 4-13-01. Had repair surgery at 3 days old; spent 2 months in hospital. Had another surgery in 9-07 for small bowel obstruction and several adhesions. He is living a nice normal life right now. He is also a wonderful older brother to Ian who was born in 7-04.

Stacy, your box will be mailed out next week (I'm waiting on the books to arrive). I will post photos.

All of you who have Adopted Hospitals - please send me your cherub's photo and story so that I can post them here and on our blog! membership@cdhsupport.org - please put Adopt A Hospital in the subject line.

I would really like to get everyone's posted this week if possible.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Just wanted to make sure that you received the transfer from pay pal.
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

Dawn .. did u do UVA ?!
    we will send money for them if you havent

Sorry Dawn I haven't been on Cherubs in a while. Thanks for sending out the box. I will get something written up and a picture to you a soon a possible. Hopefully this weekend.
    Stacy
    Mother of two sons. Caleb born with CDH on 4-13-01. Had repair surgery at 3 days old; spent 2 months in hospital. Had another surgery in 9-07 for small bowel obstruction and several adhesions. He is living a nice normal life right now. He is also a wonderful older brother to Ian who was born in 7-04.

Penny, I sent ours to UVA about 2 months ago - Cole's name was it too.

After all the bags, awareness kits, etc I had just enough buttons to send out 1 adopt a hospital kit. Waiting on more button and hope to mail out 3 more next week. I'll post an updated list of hospitals soon.

I know we need UCSF and Boston Children's Hospital adopted. Anyone?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

ohhhhhhh ...will mail check to you tomorrow !!! thank you !!!

trying to adopt a hospital

Hi Dawn
    I'm trying to adopt a hospital and sent an e-mail to the address given on the site back in november and no one has contacted me back. I would really like to adopt albany medical center and get that set up as soon as possible. Please let me know if there is a number of someone I can call.
    thanks
    Rachel Seebode

Hey Dawn,

I'm thinking I want to adopt Women and Infants' Hospital in Rhode Island, if it's not already been done. My experiences there weren't the best. Ericka only had one nurse that had a lot of CDH experience. Some of them didn't even know what it was and I had to explain it to them! I just think they need more information and so do parents going in there.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh

Oh...and if it's needed, Mass General.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh