Stay Connected

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS "Adopt A Hospital" Program

Hi Dawn, I thought someone had done Sick Kids' in Toronto??
    Shana ~ Mom to Nyah-Lyn (05-31-2004) and Cherub Landon Matthew (06-20-200 Bilateral Diaphragmatic Eventration. Left side repaired @ 3 days old- Right side repaired @ 4 months old --> total hospital days = 42. He's our hero! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...bonSmall-3.jpg Landon's Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...m_medium=email

Yes, they have Shana, I didn't copy and paste that list too well! Thanks for catching that!!!! I don't know how I missed it, I just put that box together yesterday!

Marilu, Option 2 is the cheapest and easiest. Since we buy in bulk it costs less to put it together and we do all the work. If you want to adopt that hospital, let me know and I'll put you on the list!

I plan on putting these boxes together once a month... just easier with ordering supplies for them, etc. I have enough supplies to send out 10 boxes this week, 7 are together... I can send 3 more out this week.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Great Job Dawn & Co.!! : )
    Shana ~ Mom to Nyah-Lyn (05-31-2004) and Cherub Landon Matthew (06-20-200 Bilateral Diaphragmatic Eventration. Left side repaired @ 3 days old- Right side repaired @ 4 months old --> total hospital days = 42. He's our hero! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...bonSmall-3.jpg Landon's Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...m_medium=email

Great Dawn, I will do UMC at Lubbock but I am not sure if this month, I will let you know for sure, Thank you.
    http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...bonsmall-1.jpg http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...las/img253.jpg JM having a bath- favorite time of the day !!! Marilu- mom to Gael 10 years old, Derick 4 years old and my cherub Juan in a Million diagnosed in utero @ 18 weeks with LCDH. Born at 38 weeks- repair day 12- 2/3 of diaphram missing (in two sections) part of the bowels and liver in chest cavity. Oscillator 8 days- vent 14 days- extubated day 22- 1st full bottle day 28- chest tube for 21 days- Home day 42!!!! NOW 6 YEARS OLD And still doing miracles, Loves karate classes. -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I just posted this on our blog:

http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php

Would you like to help families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia? Would you like to do something in honor or in memory of a cherub? CHERUBS has created a new program that will soon be helping CDH families across the country.

How does this work?

You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub.

CHERUBS Adopt A Hospital Care Package Includes:

1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume I
    1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume II
    1 CDH awareness poster
    20 Parent Reference Guides
    40 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures
    40 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins
    10 copies of our latest newsletter

Each item (except the CDH ribbon pins) is labeled with a sticker that says "Donated in honor of ________" or "Donated in memory of _________"

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our giftbag program.

These items are an invaluable source of support and information for families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Because there are so many hospitals, CHERUBS cannot possibly afford to donate to all hospitals and we are inviting our members and the general public to help us to help CDH families.

Your donation is tax-deductible!

The above photos of are the Adopt A Hospital kit created in honor of Braden Holt that has been sent out to CHOP. You can see the labels on each item and how everything but the poster fits neatly in a nice box. Families who Adopt A Hospital in honor or memory of their cherub can rest assure that CHERUBS presents nothing but professional materials in a professional manner to help CDH families.

The following hospitals have been adopted and our Adopt A Hospital kits are on their way!

* Duke University Medical Center - in memory of Shane Torrence
    * University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital - in memory of Caleb Cox
    * University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
    * University of Virginia - in memory of Debra Jones
    * Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & Raelyn Turner
    * National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
    * Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia - in honor of Braden Holt
    * Toronto Children's Hospital - in memory of Ethan William James Marchand
    * University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner and in memory of Declan Armstrong

The following hospitals have been pledged for adoption also:

* University of California, San Francisco - in memory of Addison Accord
    * Royal Childrens Hospital, Melbourne, Australia - Emma Murrell
    * Carolinas Medical Center - in memory of Celeste Hall
    * Helen DeVos Children's Hospital - in honor of Alyssa Bradshaw
    * Medical University of South Carolina - in honor of Andrew Whitten
    * University Medical Center at Lubbock - in honor of Juan Marko Ornelas

Items donated in memory of Caleb Cox being delivered to the University of Alabama at Birmingham

If you would like to Adopt A Hospital, please visit

http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I can't figure out why the images won't show up. You can see them at http://cdhsupport.blogspot.com/2009/...l-program.html

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Dawn,

How would you find out if a particular hospital would accept the donation?
    Shauna Curtis - Mom to Addisen Noel born 12/10/2003 with LCDH diagnosed at birth- 5 1/2 weeks in NICU- 70 days with NG Tube- Cleft Lip & Palate- Horseshoe Kidney. Also Mom to: Mitch 08/17/2006 Luke 12/11/2008

All hospitals will accept, we just send them to doctors who are members of CHERUBS. We have over 150 doctors and nurses in our membership so we have connections at almost all hospitals, plus with us at their conferences they all know who we are. Mainly we send them to the pediatric surgeons or their nurse clinicians or PICU or NICU nurses or ECMO staff. Unless we have a very active member that I know will make sure the info makes it to the parents.

For example.... Amy had a hard time finding someone at U of M to take information. Nurses or just staff usually won't take it. We have to know someone. So we talked to one of our members who is on staff there... great surgeon. And he'll be passing out info once he gets it.

And sometimes it's now just politics. CHOP has a few nurses who are members of BoH - Any communication from us is met with well.... less than warm response. Which is sad, because those politics are robbing CDH families of information and support that only CHERUBS provides. Anything we send directly to that NICU may just be trashed and we can't have that! Sooooo... to get around all that drama, we are sending Braden's box to a member who has been very active for 10 years, who donates to us annually and who is a huge supporter of CHERUBS - and she'll personally make sure that each CDH family receives the info that we send.

Long response I know, I'm sorry! LOL But unfortunately, it's not as simple as it used to be of just putting together information and sending it!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

2 more hospitals have been adopted!

Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Streetman
    St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Streetman

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Have any doctors from Nova Scotia who are members? The IWK Health Centre would be the hospital for the Maritime provinces (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island). I would consider "adopting this hospital" if we could find the correct person/people...
    Shauna Curtis - Mom to Addisen Noel born 12/10/2003 with LCDH diagnosed at birth- 5 1/2 weeks in NICU- 70 days with NG Tube- Cleft Lip & Palate- Horseshoe Kidney. Also Mom to: Mitch 08/17/2006 Luke 12/11/2008