Stay Connected

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS "Adopt A Hospital" Program

Hmmmm... I don't think we do, Shauna, but we can surely find someone. : ) Do you have a favorite doctor or nurse there?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Dawn,
    Is it possible to find out who the members are at our hospitals? Just a thought so we can communicate with them that we're active members of CHERUBS too, and maybe get some local awareness activities going?

Just a thought.
    Shana ~ Mom to Nyah-Lyn (05-31-2004) and Cherub Landon Matthew (06-20-200 Bilateral Diaphragmatic Eventration. Left side repaired @ 3 days old- Right side repaired @ 4 months old --> total hospital days = 42. He's our hero! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...bonSmall-3.jpg Landon's Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...m_medium=email

That would be great Shana! I had no idea CHOP had so many Boh supporters!

I would like to know too!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Shana, that's one of the things that our State Reps are supposed to be doing. After the conference, Barb and I are going to try our hardest to fill every Rep position by September. The Reps will hopefully put together get-togethers and also match up local families and help us to Adopt out all the ECMO Hospitals.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Speaking of that Dawn...I need a PA member list and also NJ if you want me to be the rep for that state too. I would love it! Currently, I only have the DE member list and the letter I sent the doctor on that list got returned to me.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

No problem, Karla! As soon as the conference is over next week, all Reps will get new lists and we'll start the recruiting for new Reps! : )

If anyone wants to volunteer to be a Rep please e-mail us at volunteer@cdhsupport.org!!! : )

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Figured out the image problem... trying again to post photos! ; )

I just posted this on our blog:

http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php

Would you like to help families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia? Would you like to do something in honor or in memory of a cherub? CHERUBS has created a new program that will soon be helping CDH families across the country.

How does this work?

You make a $100 donation to CHERUBS and we order and put together the materials and send them to the hospital in honor / memory of your cherub.

CHERUBS Adopt A Hospital Care Package Includes:

1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume I
    1 copy of "Stories of Cherubs" Volume II
    1 CDH awareness poster
    20 Parent Reference Guides
    40 CHERUBS CDH Info Brochures
    40 CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins
    10 copies of our latest newsletter

Each item (except the CDH ribbon pins) is labeled with a sticker that says "Donated in honor of ________" or "Donated in memory of _________"

These items are then available to all CDH parents admitted into these hospitals. Upon joining CHERUBS, new parents will soon receive more information and support through our giftbag program.

These items are an invaluable source of support and information for families affected by Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia. Because there are so many hospitals, CHERUBS cannot possibly afford to donate to all hospitals and we are inviting our members and the general public to help us to help CDH families.

Your donation is tax-deductible!

The above photos of are the Adopt A Hospital kit created in honor of Braden Holt that has been sent out to CHOP. You can see the labels on each item and how everything but the poster fits neatly in a nice box. Families who Adopt A Hospital in honor or memory of their cherub can rest assure that CHERUBS presents nothing but professional materials in a professional manner to help CDH families.

The following hospitals have been adopted and our Adopt A Hospital kits are on their way!

* Duke University Medical Center - in memory of Shane Torrence
    * University of Alabama Birmingham Hospital - in memory of Caleb Cox
    * University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill - in memory of Dawson Gabriel Martie
    * University of Virginia - in memory of Debra Jones
    * Wilford Hall Med Center - in memory of Kaleigh Myers & Raelyn Turner
    * National Children's Hospital - in memory of Amanda and Nicholas Slavin
    * Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia - in honor of Braden Holt
    * Toronto Children's Hospital - in memory of Ethan William James Marchand
    * University of Michigan - in honor of Logan Wagner and in memory of Declan Armstrong

The following hospitals have been pledged for adoption also:

* University of California, San Francisco - in memory of Addison Accord
    * Royal Childrens Hospital, Melbourne, Australia - Emma Murrell
    * Carolinas Medical Center - in memory of Celeste Hall
    * Helen DeVos Children's Hospital - in honor of Alyssa Bradshaw
    * Medical University of South Carolina - in honor of Andrew Whitten
    * University Medical Center at Lubbock - in honor of Juan Marko Ornelas

Items donated in memory of Caleb Cox being delivered to the University of Alabama at Birmingham

If you would like to Adopt A Hospital, please visit

http://www.cdhsupport.org/donate/hospitaladopt.php

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

2 more hospitals have been adopted!

Seton Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman
    St. David's Hospital (Austin, TX) - in memory of Cody Travis Streetman

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Very cool! So exciting to see Braden's box! We'll be at CHOP again soon!

Hi,
    I'm in Ireland and I would love to adopt the children's hospital that we deal with. I'm not sure what the incidence of CDH is in Ireland but there is little or no information around about it. The only place I get to learn anything about CDH is here with CHERUBS. The various teams we have dealt with in the hospital have never referred me to any information and I found CHERUBS through a search engine. I would be interested in anything you have to offer.
    Claire- mum to Brian- 10-08-02 and Aoife- 23-01-05 LCDH. Feeding problems from 2mths when she started losing weight. Developed cough at 9mths.Diagnosed Christmas Day 2005 at 11mths. Repair done a few days later. Reherniated without symptoms and 2nd repair done June 09.