Stay Connected

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS "Adopt A Hospital" Program

That would be great!

http://www.cdhhospitals.org

That has a current list of adopted hospitals and a payment option. Please let me know if you want it sent to the hospital (and to what doctor) or to you.

Thank you!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I would like to adopt a hospital. Can I adopt one someone has already adopted?
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

I would like to adopt a hospital as well. Has TX Childrens or Baylor Medical been adopted? Thx

Question: Women and Infants' Hospital in Providence is where the NICU is located for any babies born with CDH in my area. However, Hasbro Children's Hospital is now an ECMO center and it's like a block away. If I wanted to adopt a hospital, would I want to do one or both? I can adopt one hospital a month and would like to eventually adopt one (or both of these, if necessary) and Mass General. *Starting next month, I think.*
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh

I would like to adopt CHOC (Childrens Hospital Orange County) however due to my husband being active duty military we have just moved to AL and UAB has already been adopted.

Any ideas?

I would like to adopt CHOC (Childrens Hospital Orange County) however due to my husband being active duty military we have just moved to AL and UAB has already been adopted.

Any ideas?

http://www.cdhhospitals.org should have an updated list of hospitals adopted. I think CHOC was just adopted too. There are a couple of big CDH hospitals still up for adoption.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Hello I am interested in adopting hopefully 2 different hospitals that helped us out along the way. Could you send me some information about how to do this? Thank You
    Candace Cox

Hi Candace,

Here is our updated link to the Adopt A Hospital Kits: http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/hospitals/

From there you can see what hospitals have been adopted, what is in each kit and there is also a link to purchase the kit online. Let me know if you have any questions after you have looked at the links or please send an email to our Parent Advisory Board with your questions, cpab@cherubs-cdh.org.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

For some reason it's not letting me see the hospitals that are up for adoption.