Stay Connected

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Discovery Channel "A Baby's Battle for Life"

Discovery Channel "A Baby's Battle for Life"

Discovery Channel- Their medical special, "A Baby's Battle for Life", featured many babies in the NICU setting, including the stories of 2 cherubs. Originally aired October 7, 2000, you can purchase the video at their web site.

Saw this when it aired at a later date and it was very informational and sad. It didn't help that I was pregnant with Kaleigh at the time.

it shows that this isn't available anymore

I have a copy of it if anyone wants to borrow it.

Christie

I would like to borrow it.
    I'm wondering-can you make copies? I would be so willing to send you money for a copy-then we wouldn't have to mail it back and forth.
    Please let me know what would be the easiest for you.
    Thanks so much-
    Stephanie
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Stephanie,
    Let me check with my husband and see if I can make a copy of it. It's on a VHS tape.

Christie

Wonderful!
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    Stephanie
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Stephanie,
    My husband thinks that he can copy it to a DVD. Drop me an e-mail at christiembrooks@comcast.net and include your mailing address. I'll try to get it out to you within a few days.

Christie

Please take your time and send it at your convenience. I really appreciate this!
    Stephanie

Christie-
    I received the tape and cannot Thank you enough.
    It took me almost a day to watch....I kept stopping it and watching it.
    It was very informative. I wish I would have seen it when I was pregnant with Shelby. Then I think it would have scared me to death.
    It shows what CDH reality is all about.
    I would think this would be a great tape for expecting mothers to watch--but think also it may scare them. It is a VERY hard call.
    It also brought back SO many scary times in Shelby's last 17 months on this earth. I am again reminded how Blessed we really are to have this butterfly with us. How many families have suffered with CDH babies.
    Watching it was bitter sweet. Does that make sense?

I just cannot Thank You enough Christie for doing all the work you did in getting me the copy.

Others that have seen this---what do you think?
    I wonder if the Discovery channel would do another more updated one????
    Now that would be the show to have CDH awareness on...I would think.