Stay Connected

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Discovery Channel "A Baby's Battle for Life"

How about a Wife/Swap with another CHERUB family???
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

Blog Entries
    Just jumping on the end the conversation here...I would never get picked to do wife swap (not that I would want to) because we are just too average. They appear to pick extreme families to get the viewers in. The UK version is much more 'intense' than the US version!

If I wife swap with a cherubs family I want to go o/s and don't want it to go on the TV - do you think that could happen? lol

Dani, your naughty spot makes you a good mum - I am more like Shaz using the not so conventional ideas to get good behaviour, lol. Don't know how many times I put a direct call through to Santa when my kids were little! hehe. Here is the BEST trick to get the truth out of your kids when they go through the fibbing stage...
    I didn't find out about this until Ethan was little and Tara was too old to fall for it. My best friends mum used to tell her that she could see black crosses on her forehead when she lied but could see beauitful stars when she told the truth. Apparently she had special magic. I was lucky enough for her to pass this magic on to me and I developed the skill to see this. I would say to Ethan "Show me your forehead". If he lifted his hair I knew he was telling the truth, if he hid his head I knew he was lying. This worked for YEARS, lol. I still try it on him now and he just laughs at me. Yep, I am probably a bad mum but it got him to be honest and set some good habits about coming clean even if you could get in trouble!
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Danielle,
    I love it!!! I'm going to add it to my bag of parenting tricks!!
    xx
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

i'm adding that to my list, too

We are interested as well. Is there a way to still get it?
    Mother to Jayden. Diagnosed at 18 weeks with Right CDH- hypoplastic right heart- heterotaxy syndrome- polyspleenia- dextrocardia- situs inversus. Vent 38 days- Nitric Oxide 10 days- CDH repair at 4 days- Open heart surgery at 3 1/2 weeks- came home after 47 days at U of M. He came home on a NG tube- which he had for 6 1/2 months. Visit www.carepages.com CarePage name MJaydenR to read more about Jayden and to see pictures!

no, they told me that we couldnt get it,
    they being the discovery channel

Welcome Katie!
    I am working on getting copies made and YES you can get in on it.

I would swap with a CHERUBS family ONLY!!!!!! You guys are like my family anyways.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Great! thanks..let me know how much and where to send the money!
    Mother to Jayden. Diagnosed at 18 weeks with Right CDH- hypoplastic right heart- heterotaxy syndrome- polyspleenia- dextrocardia- situs inversus. Vent 38 days- Nitric Oxide 10 days- CDH repair at 4 days- Open heart surgery at 3 1/2 weeks- came home after 47 days at U of M. He came home on a NG tube- which he had for 6 1/2 months. Visit www.carepages.com CarePage name MJaydenR to read more about Jayden and to see pictures!

Shaz you know I've been so hopeless lately but you know that I'm going to bug you and want a copy too! I'll pick it up when I come to visit he he!!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

yay steph, thank you for trynig to make copies