Stay Connected

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum 2009

Missing you too Shaz!

That's funny you brought up posting gifts as I still have to post Shelby's too! We are in the same boat! Thanks for thinking of Gabe.

xx
    Jaana - mum to Gabriel and his big sister Shaddel Liisa. Diagnosed 19 weeks in utero with LCDH. Polyhydramnios. Surgery day 3 - collagen patch. 8 days vent and 3 days oxygen. 6 days NG Tube. Home after 13 days. Additional surgery at 7 weeks for bowel obstruction - reflux settled. VSD closed naturally and no problems with lungs. http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/m...abKiasmall.jpg

Blog Entries
    We have 5 out of our 6 guest speakers 'booked' and will hopefully confirm the final speaker within the next week. Within the next fortnight we should some more detailed information to post such as names, qualifications and topics. It is is all coming together
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Hi Danielle

Sent the rego form today. Cannot wait to get away, it's not long now
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Blog Entries
    We only have 4 weeks until the CHERUBS Australia Annual Forum Melbourne 2009 takes place. Thank you to everyone who has returned their registration. To those of you who are attending (or even if you are still in the maybe stage) and have yet to do so PLEASE return you registration forms to me ASAP. We need to finalise numbers so we can confirm catering, book for the Saturday night dinner, ensure we have enough babysitters and if we have the numbers purchase group discounted tickets for the family day. If you need a registration form please email me president@cdh.org.au

It is shaping up to be a wonderful weekend and we have families from Melbourne, country Victoria, all over NSW and from WA. We are confirming our final guest speaker and as soon as we have done so we will post a final copy of the agenda. Here is a copy of the draft agenda so you can see all the wonderful speakers we have lined up so far:

CAAF 2009 Draft Agenda

Friday

8:30am Set up
    9:00am Arrival and get children acquainted with babysitters
    9:30am Welcome, CHERUBS Australia presentation and Cherub slideshow
    9:45am Ob/Gyn (to be confirmed)
    10:45am Morning Tea and group photo
    11:00am Melissa Dodsworth (NICU Nurse) plus question time (confirmed)
    11:45am Katherine Ong (Speech Pathologist) plus question time (confirmed)
    12:45 Lunch
    2:00pm Dr Rod Hunt (Neonatologist) plus question time (confirmed)
    3:00pm Round table discussion on how CHERUBS Australia can work with medical care professionals to contribute towards CDH research and ongoing follow-up care
    3:45pm Afternoon tea and general discussion
    4:15pm Thank you and close.

Saturday

8:30am Set up
    9:00am Arrival and get children acquainted with babysitters
    9:15am Welcome, CHERUBS Australia presentation, ceremony to honour Cherubs and Cherubs slideshow
    9:45am Katrina Stevens (Social Worker, RCH) and group discussion on post traumatic stress
    11:15am Morning tea and group photo
    11:45am Theresa Lynch (Social Work, RWH) group discussion on grief
    1:15pm Lunch
    2:30pm CHERUBS Australia AGM
    3:30pm Informal time to chat, add photos to our group scrapbook and look towards our group’s future.
    4:30pm Thank you and close.

So please get your registrations to us ASAP. Thanks everyone!

Kind Regards,

Danielle Kessner
    President
    CHERUBS Australia Organisation
    president@cdh.org.au
    www.cdh.org.au
    PO Box 375, Morwell Vic, 3840
    ABN: 60 131 315 145

It's official! I'm comin' to Melbourne!

Flights booked......check!
    Accommodation booked......check!
    CAAF Rego completed........check!

See you all soon.
    Kath Mum to Jessica Kate - born sleeping 09/09/2008 (due 17th Jan- 2009) Left-sided CDH- Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome) and Trisomy 9. Also Mum to Sam-9- Hannah-7 and Zac-4.

Blog Entries
    I am doing the happy dance also Kath! What time does your flight leave? We have organised with the hotel to have a packed lunch for you to take

I have a 2.45pm flight on the Saturday afternoon so I am imagining I will head off when we break for lunch at 1.15pm (no idea of travel times to airport so this may change following some advice from you locals).
    Kath Mum to Jessica Kate - born sleeping 09/09/2008 (due 17th Jan- 2009) Left-sided CDH- Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome) and Trisomy 9. Also Mum to Sam-9- Hannah-7 and Zac-4.

Blog Entries
    That should give you plenty of time. Just make sure you time it from the airport to the hotel on your way in but I would think it would only take 15-20 mins. Don't forget to send me the photo of Jess you want on our slideshow.

Who is coming? Can't wait to see/meet you all!
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Hey Dani,

I wont be there Im so disappointed as I was really looking forward to finally meeting you all. It sounds like the Melbourne girls have a great weekend planned for you guys (lucky things!)

Ang xx
    Angela - mum to Max (LCDH 30/4/05 - 21/5/05) Also mum to Joseph 9- Christopher 7 and Dominic 2.