Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who is bringing children to the 2009 San Antonio Conference?

Who is bringing children to the 2009 San Antonio Conference?

Hi Everyone! Only a few more weeks till conference! YEAH!!

Please please post here and let us know if you are bringing children to the conference that will need sitters. Please also post the ages. We are trying to line up sitters and some form of games or crafts for the kids!

Thanks,

Barbara

Hi Barbara! I am bringing Isabel (she is turning one this week), but I am not sure yet if I am just going to keep her with me or not due to her medical issues.... With her pulmonary hypertension, she is so dependent on oxygen, and destats when aggitated. I sometimes have to turn her oxygen up... And developmentally she is still in the six month age range, so I usually hold her while she sits up..

Just not sure yet, but wanted to let you know!
    See you soon!!!
    Our precious daughter Isabel Ruth was born on June 24- 2008 with a LCDH. CDH repair- PDA Ligation-ECMO for eighteen days due to MRSA (Staph Infection- Sepsis). Ventillator and Oscillator from 6/24/08 to 8/28/08- INO machine 7/8 to 9/25. Currently home on Oxygen (Nasal Cannulas) and a Feeding Tube (Mic-key button). Currently has Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Pulmonary Hypertension. Taking meds for Pulmonary Hypertension- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia- and Gastroesophageal Reflux.

Trying to decide if I should just come or bring the whole family, due to financial reasons. If we come, Chris will be watching our boys...I am not comfortable with total strangers watching my kids (I am sure you will be lining out good sitters though). I know they would love to join in on crafts and games, but my hubby will be keeping an eye on them. I will know more in several weeks what the definite plans are. Cole is 6, Ian is 5 and Shane is 3.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

We are bringing Brooke and Braden, ages 5 and 1.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Thanks for letting me know Tracy and Karla!

Can you believe that conference is just a few weeks away (ok ok a little longer than a "few" LOL I am excited!)?!?!

TYRING to go folks !!!!!!!!!!!!
    a way may open up for me !! looking into it now

Hope it works out Penny!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

I have my fingers crossed Penny! We really really want u to come!!

Me too !! Dawn said she put you on the task of us a cheap ticket ! LOL!
    I forgot to think to ask if i could get the time off work (dingy me) .. so that is another thing i have to look into ,, but all is still a possibility