Stay Connected

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need Project Name Suggestions! :)

Need Project Name Suggestions! :)

Hi everyone!

I've been out of town but am back and trying to catch up... please bear with me!! : )

Corin has her hands full with the new business and she's also started a new project with Stephanie and Kate, creating gift bags for their local NICUs. Because she's using the title "Gabe's Gifts" on her new project, she's asked that we don't use that at CHERUBS any longer. Sooooo... we need a new name! : )

This project is gift bags for new and expectant CDH families. It includes totebags, baby blankets, baby books, CDH information and much more. All items donated to CHERUBS for this project have stayed at CHERUBS and we definitely do not want new and expectant parents to lose out on this service so many, many of you have worked hard at knitting / crocheting / donating for over the past year so this project will continue but we do need a new name!

"Gabe's Gifts" was the first time we've ever incorporated a specific's cherubs' name into a project. We never do this because CHERUBS isn't about 1 child, it's about helping ALL CDH families... but Corin started the project and wanted this name so we were ok with that. But now with having to change the name.... this is also why we don't use specific names. So we need to come up with something that represents the project and isn't about 1 cherub. Using the terms "cherub" or "angel" are fine because they describe all of these babies. It would be great to have a lot of suggestions and take a vote.... this is OUR project... all of us.... to help other CDH families. So let's think of a name together. : )
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

"Heaven sent" - as in representing gifts from our angel cherubs
    Danielle - Lily's mum. Lily 31.07.07- Diagnosed at Birth - LCDH- Repair: 13 hours old- Ventilator: 5 days- NG tube: 7 days- Hospital: 16 days. Also mum to Ethan 21/06/05 http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...nLilysmall.jpg

Angel Kisses

Still thinking...I'll get back when I think of something better!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Blog Entries
    I am HOPELESS at this sort of thing but happy to vote when everyone else has suggested names
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

I will have a think...

Love the suggestions so far!!!

I have had a hard time too coming up with something. The only one I can come up with is "Cherub Care Package" or "CHERUBS Cares". I'm still thinking on it too! : )

Also, do any of you have suggestions on how to make the project more about CDH? We have the new baby books with tons of CDH info, ribbons and the coloring books (LOVE it Paige!!!). The baby books include the Parent Reference Guide with info and advice for parents, our info and journals. But is there anything else specifically for CDH parents that we should include? We have a ton of baby stuff now and it will be great for the new parents but I really don't want to send them a hodgepodge of baby shower stuff, we want to be able to help them deal with CDH specifically so I want to gear as much towards that as possible. Can any of you think of anything that would've helped you?

Our new wish list for the bags.... what we really need most right now...

- disposable cameras
    - gas cards
    - 1.5" white 3 ring binders
    - photo pages for the binders (aka baby books)
    - dividers for the binders
    - white cotton tote bags
    - plaster hand / foot print kits

I'm going to do inventory on everything else we have, including blankets, hats, booties, etc and will post that too.

The baby book will be posted next week for you all to review and help us make sure we remembered everything!

I'd really like to make this all happen by August! We have A LOT of expectant members right now!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

CHERUB package, CHERUB basket... I am not much help either!
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

Dawn,

I'm assuming all of these packages are for parents that know their child will be born with CDH. I' guessing it's hard to find parents in the NICU who were undiagnosed who really need all that CDH information. I knew nothing and nobody offered me any information about CDH.

Heck, I would have loved it if you sent me the reference guide and stuff when I became a member after Braden was home as I still knew nothing about CDH. Is something like this possible to reach out the those parents who were not diagnosed? Sometimes I feel a bit cheated because I was not able to do my homework and prepare myself for Braden's journey.

Just a thought...I hope you got the blankets I gave to Corin as my sister in law worked really hard on them!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Karla, new member packets are going out to every new member starting in August - they are folders full of CDH and CHERUBS info.

Expectant and newborn cherubs will get the baby bags.

I understand about feeling cheated. To be honest, I wasn't 100% on board with this totebag idea at first. I felt like it was showing partiality to the new parents and wasn't fair to all the members. And I was afraid that it would be considered "bribing" new parents to like CHERUBS.... after all, other groups have followed our Parent Reference Guides and New Member Packets and started sending things to new parents. Some have completely dismissed the trademark and attacking parents because a group sent them free stuff and that's all that mattered to them. It really, really did not set well with me at all at first...

But I know Corin's heart was in the right place. I know that Gabe's Gifts was about helping families in Gabe's memory and Corin didn't care what group did what to whatever parents.... it was about Gabe and wanting to keep his memory alive and do something good in his memory. I get that. We all want to do something good to honor or remember our children. So we all talked about it out and it was all good. : )

Plus... there are so many CDH parents and most hospitals and doctors refer new families to CHERUBS. We're working with so many hospitals within the CDH Study Group and we have the Adopt A Hospital program too, plus we're at the conferences - we're involved, we're invested in research and the hospitals and surgeons know us and work with us. So more and more CDH families are being referred to us. We've had a lot since we went to the APSA conference and we'll have even more soon. So hopefully soon, every CDH parent will be referred to CHERUBS either before birth and soon after birth - and all expectant and new parents will have the information they need.

I wish we could somehow make sure that 100% of cases are diagnosed at birth... I hear ya on the not being diagnosed! I was in the same boat as you... without the internet, without CHERUBS, without any info at all. The whole reason CHERUBS was founded was so that no family went through CDH alone again. We're getting there! : )

Let me know what the blankets look like and I'll make sure you know 100% that we got them! : )

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Typo... I wish that 100% cases are diagnosed BEFORE birth.... I so need to hire a proofreader full-time! LOL

I love all the name suggestions so far! It's going to be hard to vote!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada