Stay Connected

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can You Donate Any Of These Items To CDH Families?

Can You Donate Any Of These Items To CDH Families?

Posted on our blog:

Our charity needs the following items for a project that we are putting together. Perhaps you or your company have some items that you can donate for a good cause.

We are collecting items for families of babies born with Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia, a severe and often deadly birth defect. You can visit our site, http://www.cdhsupport.org for more information about CDH. The items we are collecting will be used in care package for these families, to help ease their hospital stays. All donations are tax-deductible. We can come pick up local items in the Raleigh / Durham area. Because of the delicate health of these babies, we must ask that donations be new and from smoke-free and pet-free locations.

ANY donation at all, greatly appreciated!!!

Items Needed:

- Disposable Cameras
    - Baby Blankets (any material but wool)
    - Travel packs of tissues
    - Chapsticks
    - Plaster Handprint and Footprint Kits
    - Baby Booties
    - Baby Hats
    - Journals
    - Small bottles of hand santizer
    - Small bottles of lotion
    - Small picture frames (for the baby's hospital bed)
    - Small teddy bears
    - Gas Cards
    - Restaurant gift certificates (national chains please)
    - White 1.5" 3 ring binders (for information on CDH, journaling, photos of their babies, medical notes, etc)
    - Page dividers for the binders
    - Pages pages for binder
    - White computer paper to print (if we can't find a printing company)
    - Ink for an HP 4600n Printer (if we can't find a printing company)

Sponsorships / Services Needed:

- $250 sponsor for cotton totebags (this will cover 250 bags, we are getting free shipping)
    - $150 Sponsor for CDH Awareness Ribbon Pins
    - $200 Sponsor for CDH Awareness Bracelets
    - Printing services for the tote bags / transfer paper
    - Printing services for the CDH information

Hospitals and businesses are welcome to sponsor ads in the baby book to help cover costs of this project (we do reserve the right to deny inappropriate sponsorships). You can sponsor a 1/4 page add for $150, a full page add for $500. Your ad will be included in 150 books. Ad sponsorships will go to cover postage of the packages to the families and items needed that aren't donated. If you would like to sponsor an ad, please make sure to include your logo / photo and other information on a print ready ad.

All donations are tax-deductible and sponsors and donors will be listed in the Baby Books (the binders with all the info!)

Items and donations can be sent to:

CHERUBS
    3650 Rodgers Rd #290
    Wake Forest, NC 27587

Please make sure to include your name, if you are donating in honor or memory of somewhere and your address to send your receipt.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Hi Everyone,

Well we thought we'd only have 25 or so bags to send out at the end of the month:

Expectant cherubs:

Edyn Grace Allinson
    Ireland Rose B.
    Alex Jayden Baker
    Sunshine Boyd
    Christan L Brownfield
    Baby Clarkson
    Baby DePape
    Matthew Frank Doerscheln
    Floyd Edward Dubois
    Robert Lee Dumford
    Andrew Hobbs
    Gabriel Aden Xavier Jackson
    Findlay Lucas Jordan
    Chase Leroy Kelly
    Grady Thomas King
    Leslie Nicole Lafon
    Joshua Alonzo Lozano
    Dawson Gabriel Martie
    Mia James Mccabe
    Jonathan Louis Moehl
    Baby Reynolds
    Baby Richard
    Baby Serna
    Scarlette Jayden Skrove
    Nevaeh Nicole Weaver Johnson
    Zoey Anne Wood
    Noah William Workman

+ 10 more whose parents chose not to publish their names
    + 23 more born in the past 2 months

This is almost TWICE as many totebags than we expected to fill this month!

Soooooo...

WE NEED HELP!!!!! We need a lot of stuff in just a few weeks!!! Especially blankets, cameras, plaster molds, hats and booties and binders. I will go by the little stuff myself out my own pocket if needed. We have A LOT of families to help!!!

In the past month or so since we switched over the project name and have bought it in house we have received NO donations! No blankets, no booties, no nothing. We lost most of our donors. So to you... I'm asking... begging... remember the Cause of why this project was started almost 2 years ago - to help CDH families. Not one person, not a popularity contest. But CDH families. They still need this project and since we took it over in house last month, we are trying really, really, really hard to get finally get these totebags out but we still need a lot of stuff!

These families don't care about the behind the scenes details of this project - they just need these items and the support. They are the ones who are important in this and they should have always been the focus with this project! Let's please work together to help them.... wouldn't we all have loved to have had that when we had our cherubs?

We did receive Caleb's Coloring Pages (thank you Caleb's family!)... bless you!!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I will buy some binders. I need to go school shopping soon anyway. In fact, I'm going to try to buy them online so I can ship them directly. If I have to ship them they will sit in my house forever!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Binders should be arriving soon! I found a good deal online with free shipping!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Thank you, Karla!!!! Can you e-mail me a link to that deal? Thanks!

We had a donation yesterday to pay for the cameras, 1 to pay for totebags and a company has offered us printing on the totebags for just 50 cents each! YEAH!!!!!

Thank you all for helping!!! We made a big dent in our list yesterday!!! : )

Does anyone know how to make plaster molds for hand prints / foot prints? Would it be cheaper than buying kits?

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Just want to make sure on the binders, we need 1.5" size? Our Wal-Mart had a great sale on the 1" inch binders. Going to go check out some more stores tomorrow and check prices.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thank you Karla!!!! : )

I think we can try to make the 1" work. Thanks, Tracy!!! : )

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Will keep looking for the 1.5" binders. Has anyone contacted any of the office supply companies and see if they will donate them to CHERUBS? If you don't mind, I will send a couple of letters this week to the office supply companies in my area and see what they say. (This was Chris' idea)
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I sent a letter to our local store, waiting on response. Please do send letters, Tracy, that would be great!!!! Good idea, Chris!!! : )

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada