Stay Connected

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio 2009

Blog Entries

San Antonio 2009

I met Dawn!!! LOL My husband and I arrived yesterday and had been out today to the Alamo. We walked back into the lobby (all hot and sweaty) and there were two ladies standing there - I knew straight away it was Dawn and Penny. Wasn't sure if they recognised me or not straight away. I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve but I felt really emotional meeting Dawn for the first time after all of these years. It is surreal - only way to describe it.

Penny is exactly how you would imagine her Then Fer came in and she is TINY!!! I saw Karla and her family - I was in the pool and they came out for a look but she was too far away for me to talk to her so she didn't know it was me. I guess a lot of others have arrived or are arriving soon - off to the pizza party in a few minutes. Just thought I would let you all know it has all started
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Oh Danielle thank you so much!
    For me that couln't go, makes a huge difference and it makes me feel I am there.

Have tons of fun!
    http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...bonsmall-1.jpg http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...las/img253.jpg JM having a bath- favorite time of the day !!! Marilu- mom to Gael 10 years old, Derick 4 years old and my cherub Juan in a Million diagnosed in utero @ 18 weeks with LCDH. Born at 38 weeks- repair day 12- 2/3 of diaphram missing (in two sections) part of the bowels and liver in chest cavity. Oscillator 8 days- vent 14 days- extubated day 22- 1st full bottle day 28- chest tube for 21 days- Home day 42!!!! NOW 6 YEARS OLD And still doing miracles, Loves karate classes. -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

I wish I could be there to meet everyone. Maybe next time Y'all have fun.
    Mommy to a beautiful CHERUB- Caleb. Born 11/08/08 with bilateral Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia caused by Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. Caleb received his wings 11/10/08.

Danielle I can only imagine how you must of felt!

Enjoy every moment Make sure you get some Ya'll's in to Penny for me lol
    hugs
    Shaz xx
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg

Thanks for rubbing it in kidding

I hope you have a blast! I wish I could have gone! Maybe next year!
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

I met Danielle! LOL : ) The intros and the pizza party went great and we're having a lot of fun! I will try to post photos and the song video tomorrow evening! Wish all of you were here!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I knew who you were, Danielle. : ) You're like my Australian sister, I'd recognize you anywhere I think. : )

I'd post more details but I need sleep.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Wish I was there!! Have Fun!!!
    Desiree Casillas Mom to Marley Jane 12/15/08 - 1/9/09 --- LCDH- ECMO @ 2hrs of life on for 25 days- Pulmonary Hypertension- Dialysis www.carepages.com/carepages/marleyjane

Have a fantastic time guys! Good to hear you & Jul made it safely to SA Danielle. Enjoy the rest of your holiday, sounds like you're going to need another one when you get home!

xx Margaret

So glad you're all having a great time!!! Keep us posted! : )
    Shana ~ Mom to Nyah-Lyn (05-31-2004) and Cherub Landon Matthew (06-20-200 Bilateral Diaphragmatic Eventration. Left side repaired @ 3 days old- Right side repaired @ 4 months old --> total hospital days = 42. He's our hero! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...bonSmall-3.jpg Landon's Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...m_medium=email