Stay Connected

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio 2009

Danielle,
    Sounds just like how I met Dawn in 2000 at the first conference. What a joy that was
    I hope you all have a WONDERFUL time .
    I hope to get to come to the next one.
    Elaine- mom to Kristin 22- LCDH- nissen- ASD- oxygen till 2 1/2- g-tube till 4 1/2- bowel obstruction at 14 yrs old- only one lung. Also mom to Brittany 18- no CDH just 2 mths premie.

Have fun! I hope to meet all you next year too!
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/

Im so glad you all are having a wounderful time .... can't wait to see pic...
    ~Jenn~ proud mommy to Adrian; LCDH diagnosed in utero- repair at 10 days old while on ECMO. 11 days on ECMO- 12 days on the Vent and 36 days with oxygen. 5 weeks at Children's Boston and another 5 weeks for recovery in our local hospital Hasbro. Spent 72 days away from home. At 5 months old AD had a stroke due to ECMO; no complications with that- went home after 7 days with meds. Currently a happy 1-year-old; when you look at him you wouldn't know all this happened... : ) Also proud mom to 6-year-old Damian http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...iveraSmall.jpg

We are having a great time! I need to take more pictures!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Have a great time guys. So glad you are all getting to meet face to face. What a hoot!!!

xx
    Kath Mum to Jessica Kate - born sleeping 09/09/2008 (due 17th Jan- 2009) Left-sided CDH- Trisomy 18 (Edward's Syndrome) and Trisomy 9. Also Mum to Sam-9- Hannah-7 and Zac-4.

It's been a wonderful conference. So many amazing families and the guest speakers were incredible and are now part of the CHERUBS family just like the rest of us! They sat in on round table discussions and learned from the families as much as we learned from them. The kids... so darn cute!!!! All of them!!!! We're working on a surprise from all the members with them... if we can pull it off tomorrow. Talking with Danielle and Brenda and Kevin from CHERUBS UK... comparing notes with them on running CDH organizations... so helpful!!! Professionally and personally!! And talking to the researchers about more research and the whole CDH community... so great to be on the same page and have the same goals - helping CDH families. The whole conference has just been great. It's been wonderful. HOT but wonderful. Trying to upload some photos before I pass out tonight... walked around the Riverwalk all day near the Alamo and am TIRED... Texas heat is too much for this NC girl! : )
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

A few photos are uploaded over in the 2009 Conference Album - http://cdhsupport.org/members/album_cat.php?cat_id=251
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Please take lots of pictures!!!!
    Mother of two sons. Caleb born with CDH on 4-13-01. Had repair surgery at 3 days old; spent 2 months in hospital. Had another surgery in 9-07 for small bowel obstruction and several adhesions. He is living a nice normal life right now. He is also a wonderful older brother to Ian who was born in 7-04.

Blog Entries
    Well, this is the last morning - so sad it is over so soon. It has been wonderful. I really enjoyed the guest presenters (always love them at the Australian forum's as well) and everyone has been amazing - so glad I got to meet them all.

Shaz, Penny has been trying to teach me how to speak Southern (she does it so well, lol) but I really suck at it, hehehe. Got the y'all down though I have taught her how to say G'day mate (she is really good - most of the time!) and how to say Aussie properly.

It's been so good to talk to Dawn and Brenda (UK CHERUBS). To meet them both after so many years is wonderful but also so helpful to share ideas etc.

The kids are all great

Margaret, I will definitely need a holiday when I get home, lol.

I could go on about everyone but have to be downstairs in 20 mins so had better go finish getting ready. You will all here more in the coming days from everyone I am sure
    The
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Loved meeting y'all!! The conference was amazing and I loved the speakers and the info. they shared...very interesting!! The round table discussions were great and I enjoyed getting to know each one of you in attendance. Time went by way too fast!! All the children there were great and my boys had a ton of fun. However, the heat was horrible...I have never experienced anything like that in my 32 years!! LOL Ian even struggled some with the heat.

Danielle..thanks for our koala bears...mine is attached to my rear view mirror in my van!

Hope everyone has safe travels home!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org