Stay Connected

Thread: Fund raiser

Fund raiser

I joined cherubs 8 yrs ago after my 1st son passed away from CDH and got on some but, I was so overwhelmed then immediatley pregnate agian , then on with life..then almost 3 yrs ago I had my 3rd child Celie to all our surprise was born with CDH. a few more yrs go buy and it starts to weight so heavy on my mind, the chance and % my children have to give birth to a baby with CDH and this breaks my heart. I would never want them to go through what we have. And with 2 children with CDH , I decided it was time to start dropping in..well it only reaffirmed what I already new..we need more awareness and research..

SO, to get to the point ~

I have a website.. www.lillybeckoriginals,com

I would love to do a online fundraiser and give 25% of the sales to Cherubs. There could be a code you type in at checkout like: CDH

Everyone could pass the onfo on to their family and friends, holidays are coming up soon..

Dawn is this something ya'll do or have done before? Is this an idea you would be interested in me doing?
    By next week I will have another 200 items up, there are about 175 now, and some pieces have like 10 avaliable.

Please pass on ideas, suggestions or if ya'll even think it would work. You cant hurt my feelings. just trying to think of something I can do to raise money..and the money could go to help with what ever project ya'll think needs it the most.

I just decided its time to quite sitting on the sidelines~

look forward to hearing what you think, deAnn
    Son Claude born with no diaphram- diagnoised in utero @ 20 weeks. passed away after 10 days. Celie diagnoised after birth- did high risk clinic ultra sound and saw complete diaphram @ approx. 28 weeks. Had Chambers who was a healthy baby inbetween Claude and Celie so saw no need to have another ultra sound. Celies repair at 3 days home in 1 month. Has one full lung and one quarter of the other. She will be 3 Nov. 21 and has no other complications. So I have been on both ends of the spectrum with CDH.

Absolutely this is something we'll do!!!! We haven't done it before but we'd love to work with you!

I love your items, I looked at them last week and you're so talented, deAnn!!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I'll let you know when I get up all the new items..

We can talk and see how you want to do it..I guess every penny counts
    Son Claude born with no diaphram- diagnoised in utero @ 20 weeks. passed away after 10 days. Celie diagnoised after birth- did high risk clinic ultra sound and saw complete diaphram @ approx. 28 weeks. Had Chambers who was a healthy baby inbetween Claude and Celie so saw no need to have another ultra sound. Celies repair at 3 days home in 1 month. Has one full lung and one quarter of the other. She will be 3 Nov. 21 and has no other complications. So I have been on both ends of the spectrum with CDH.

Ok, deAnn, sounds good! Yes, with a budget of less than $3 per member per year and the cost of every newsletter mailing $5 for each one mailed out.... every single penny counts!!!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Very beautiful!! You do amazing work!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

With the holidays coming up, I thought mid/november and /or Dec might be a good time to try this? Is there a way to do a mail out or email the mailing list with the info ect and ask if they will pass it on to friends? I can make up a nice looking email for it and/or a mail out....I have added alot of new items, just let me know what ya'll are thinking..thanks, deAnn

Wow deann this is amazing! very good idea and awesome of you to do ths! I will definatly let everyone know about this when you are ready! an e-mail would be great!
    Mom to Kailee Mae Glover Aug 27- 2007 and Gwendolynn Leigh Glover Feb 02-2009 to Feb 26- 2009 Right sided CDH 1 surgery liver failure on ECMO for 23 days dialisis off and onfor 24 days. <a>http://lagf.lilypie.com/STdbm6.png</a> www.caringbridge.org/visit/gwendolynnglover