Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Get out your video camera - we need help with kids book!

Get out your video camera - we need help with kids book!

As part of new kid's book project, we will have a song and a video. We need videos of kid's explaining what Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia is in their own terms. The best one will be created into the text of the new kid's book!

Simply video tape your child (cherub or sibling or cousin) explaining the best that they can (in kid's term) what CDH is. Then send us the video to events@cdhsupport.org

Video entry deadline is August 5th - we need to hurry these up so we can vote and get these books done for our CHERUBS HOPE totebags!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Will certainly do this with Brooke when we get home!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Alright everyone... let's get those videos in!!! : )

Who can pass up a chance to have your child (cherubs, siblings and cousins!) to video an adorable film explaining what CDH is in their own words? And possibly have it made into a children's book that is published and mailed around the world???? Your child can be an author and help CDH families!!! : )
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I'm trying to get Cole to do this & he keeps putting me off ! Ahhhh ! When is the deadline

I must be losing my mind... I could've sworn one of you sent in a video????? I can't find it... was I imagining it???? Karla, did you e-mail a video to me?

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I did...but I don't think he went through. Let me know and I'll try and send it again. I was having problems attaching it.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Ahhhh ok, that's why I couldn't find it!!!!!

Please try to send it to cdhcherubs@yahoo.com - no size limit there. Thank you!!!!!!!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I know the cut off has passed, but can we still send one in ASAP? thanks, just read about this..I'm alittle behind, sorry
    Son Claude born with no diaphram- diagnoised in utero @ 20 weeks. passed away after 10 days. Celie diagnoised after birth- did high risk clinic ultra sound and saw complete diaphram @ approx. 28 weeks. Had Chambers who was a healthy baby inbetween Claude and Celie so saw no need to have another ultra sound. Celies repair at 3 days home in 1 month. Has one full lung and one quarter of the other. She will be 3 Nov. 21 and has no other complications. So I have been on both ends of the spectrum with CDH.

Yes.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I will have it in on friday, hope thats alright
    Son Claude born with no diaphram- diagnoised in utero @ 20 weeks. passed away after 10 days. Celie diagnoised after birth- did high risk clinic ultra sound and saw complete diaphram @ approx. 28 weeks. Had Chambers who was a healthy baby inbetween Claude and Celie so saw no need to have another ultra sound. Celies repair at 3 days home in 1 month. Has one full lung and one quarter of the other. She will be 3 Nov. 21 and has no other complications. So I have been on both ends of the spectrum with CDH.