Stay Connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CHERUBS 2010 Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia Conference

David and I are going to try and go to Florida. Sounds like I'll be able to learn even more about CDH.

That would be great Laura to be able to see you again! Really trying to figure out if we can afford to go and make things work with school and everything.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I hope you can make it Tracy!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

CHERUBS 2010 International CDH Conference Details!!!

See more details and register at http://www.cherubsconference.org

CHERUBS 2010 International Member Conference

May 13- 16, 2010
    Orlando, Florida

Guest Speakers
    CDH Research Teams
    Round Table Discussions
    Pizza Party
    Kid's Entertainment
    and more!

Summer Bay Resort Holiday Inn Express Orlando Florida
    $65.00 per night special conference rate. To book at this rate, you must reserve your room by April 13, 2010! And you MUST book through our conference planner (details on the conference site).

Our conferences are designed for families of CDH survivors, grieving CDH families, adult survivors and CDH researchers!

Since our first conference in 2000, CHERUBS is proud to work with the world's best CDH hospitals and researchers to bring the families and the medical world together. Our 2009 conference bought together 8 CDH groups and families from 4 countries!

Members who have attended our conferences will tell you that they learned so much more about CDH, made new friends and gained a lot of support.

Because our conferences are confidential to maintain privacy and allow parents to talk freely about their journeys with CDH, we only allow members of CHERUBS to attend. This is also to keep our members safe and medical information private. All CDH parents are invited to join CHERUBS for free by registering at our site at http://www.cdhsupport.org

About Our CDH Conference:

Expect to learn a lot about Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia! Meet new friends, see old friends and participate in research for various hospitals.

For safety and privacy of our members, you MUST be a member of CHERUBS to attend. You may register for free at http://www.cdhsupport.org/members

Children are welcome and babysitting services will be provided during conference hours. Volunteer babysitters are needed and all parents who request babysitting are obligated to donate a minimum of 1 hour of volunteer time per child to help out.

The hotel offers free breakfast and shuttle to and from the amusement parks.

Families are responsible for all other meals and all transportation, accomodations and entertainment.

CHERUBS does not charge a conference fee.

Many families of survivors are eligible for grants to cover travel expenses to medical conferences. Ask your child's social worker for more information.

Make sure to register with us so that we can expect you! Registration deadline is May 1, 2010.

CHERUBS has a block of 20 rooms reserved at a discount rate at the Summer Bay Resort Holiday Inn Express. They are available on a first come, first serve basis. To book at $65.00 per night, you must reserve a room by April 13th.

If you are coming alone and would like to share a room with another member, visit our forums to find a roommate.

Conference Schedule:

Thursday, May 13, 2010

7:00 - 9:00 pm - Pizza Party and Introductions

Friday, May 14, 2010 - CDH Support

8:00 am - 8:45 am Round Table Discussions Session 1

* For CDH Survivors (choose one)
    o Physical and Occupational Therapies
    o Feeding Issues
    * For Grieving CDH Families (choose one)
    o Faith & Doubts In Grief
    o Dealing With Anger

9:00 am - 9:45 am Round Table Discussions Session 2

o IEPs for School Age Children
    o Early Intervention for Infants & Toddlers
    o Grief and Siblings
    o Dealing With Special Days

10:00 am - 10:45 am Round Table Discussions Session 3

o Dealing with Family & Friends
    o Marriage & Having a Special Needs Child
    o Dealing with Family & Friends
    o Marriage & Grief

11:00 am - 11:45 am Round Table Discussions Session 4

o Pregnancy After CDH
    o Helping Other CDH Families
    o Pregnancy After CDH
    o Creating Something Good From Sadness

Saturday, May 15, 2010 - CDH Research

8:00 am - 11:00 am - Guest Speakers On Current CDH Research Studies

8:00 am - 9:00 am - Meaghan Russell and Mauro Longani from Mass General

9:00 am - 10:00 am - Speaker Information coming soon!

10:00 am - 11:00 am - Speaker Information coming soon!

11:00 am - 12:00 pm View Research Booths, Sign up for CDH Research Studies

Sunday, May 16, 2010 - CDH Awareness

8:00 am - 8:30 am - "Current and future global efforts to raise CDH Awareness" by Dawn Williamson, President & Founder

8:30 am - 9:30 am - Group discussion on how we can raise more CDH Awareness as a community

9:30 am - 10:30 am - Group discussion on how families can raise CDH Awareness in honor and in memory of individual cherubs.

10:30 am - 11:00 am - Saying Good-byes

See more details and register at http://www.cherubsconference.org
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Just registered! We can't wait!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

I know I've been MIA for so long and this sounds really exciting!

Since Juanpa was diagnosed we have had so many issues going on, and I was sure we weren't comming this year, but I just saw the hotel rate and maybe, MAYBE I can work it out. I will talk with Ernesto this evening and I'll let you know if we can make it this year
    Fer Mom to Ana (29-11-2001) Mom to Juan Pablo (1-6-2007) born with a right sided diaphragm eventration- a rare type of CDH- severe reflux and speech delayed with signs of autism Juan Pablo- a Tribute to Life at http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=DYQAqMoTaiQ Our family blog at www.arcephoto.blogspot.com (if you want to visit- email me at maferarceamare@gmail.com so I can send you an invite)