Stay Connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2010 Conference Roommates

Yeah, I hate that Brooke will miss school but I feel it's so worthwhile for her to attend the conferences with Braden. She talks about Texas all the time (well really just Brandon...he, he). Luckily, I saved all my personal days so I am taking four days off for the trip.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Awwww Penny.

For those of you worried about time off - you can make it taking just 1 day off of work (Friday) if you don't mind flying in late Thursday and missing the pizza party.

For parents of survivors - remember to talk to your therapists, social workers about a grant to help pay for your attendance.

For everyone - sign up with a charity to earn a Day at Disney. CHERUBS isn't one of the designated charities (I tried!) but you can still help out other great charities!

We'll have more conference details soon. Working on them and trying to get the right location locked in. As soon as we have something definite, we'll post it (by next week, I hope).

Not sure if I'm coming alone or with Craig. Braden and Garret won't be able to attend. I have to be in Orlando for over a week for various events and that's too much school for them to miss and they just made JV Baseball and the coach flat out told them none of them are allowed to vacation or miss any games during the season or they are off the team.

Craig isn't sure about coming - depends on work. He is currently working from home so that would be great.. he can work from his laptop at the hotel. But his job may change by May. If he doesn't come, I will need a roommate! I'll post as soon as I know what we're doing.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

LOL, Karla, seems Brandon has a fan club among the young ladies. Too cute!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

We already completed our Disney Day! It was great because we helped the foundation that does Braden's feeding therapy.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

I know I am still looking for a room mate. So if anyone needs one just let me know. I plan on booking a room soon

Time is sneakin up on me! Gotta butter Jeff up to see if he will spring for Baer and I to come. Dawn, do you need a roomie or not?
    cdh found at birth. 28 days NICU. Vent 7 days. Repair at 3 days. No ECMO. NG Tube 28 days http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/m...don/0004-1.jpg