Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Read this first >>>> HOW TO BE A SAVE THE CHERUB

Read this first >>>> HOW TO BE A SAVE THE CHERUB

How You Can Participate / Model In The "Save the Cherubs" Campaign

Once we receive your paperwork we will post a thread here with your cherub's name it on so you know where we are at in the process! Please do not create your own thread!

http://www.savethecherubs.org/modelinfosheet.php

For our members, we need more than models. We also need your help in making this campaign successful as we cannot do it without you! We need you to help us make the local media awareness of this campaign, request billboard space, advertising space - all using your photographs in your town! Your cherub will be local celebrity and possibly a national celebrity as well! There are 5 things we need in your participation:

1. E-mail us at awareness@cdhsupport.org with the following:

1. your name
    2. cherub's name
    3. date(s) of birth and death
    4. your phone number
    5. your e-mail address
    6. your town and state
    7. your available dates and times to model
    8. write 1 paragraph about your cherub (ex: "Mary was born in 1998 with CDH. She spent 3 months at NYU and came home on oxygen. She had to go on ECMO and her odds of survival for her severe case was only 25%. It was a rough few years, not knowing if she'd survive or where life would take her, but she did it! She is now in middle school and a straight A student who is on the debate team")
    9. let us know if your home is available as a photo shoot location.

2. We also need your model release form signed and in our hands before we can schedule a photo shoot. You can fax it or mail it in.

3. Contact your local newspaper, TV stations and magazines to tell them about the shoot. Don't worry - we'll make it easy for you! Form letters can be found here.

4. Arrive at your photo shoot on time and ready. We will call / e-mail you with details on where to go and when, who your photographer is, what to wear, etc.

5. Give local interviews (just be yourself and spread CDH awareness!)

Once we receive your paperwork we will post a thread here with your cherub's name it on so you know where we are at in the process! Please do not create your own thread!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I can do this! My dad is a photographer..did I tell you Dawn? I was also thinking of contacting the media to see if they would do a story on CDH. I was going to see if they would want to come to our local picnic. We have 8 CDH families so far that are attending.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Yeah!!!!! If you dad wouldn't mind, it would be wonderful if he'd take some photo pictures and some Save The Cherubs photos? I can mail you some wings and model contracts.

This would be a great way to get the media interested too.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Yeah! He will totally do it! He travels a lot for business but I'll get him to take some over Easter break. Photography is his part time "hobby" job. He does weddings on the weekends. He has all of his own equipment. I already have him booked to photograph the picnic so that I don't have to do it!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Karla, some Easter Egg hunting Save the Cherubs photos would be pretty darn cute!!! Our whole focus in "every day life" and cherubs. Braden would be too cute!!!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I would love to do this!! Can I use a local photographer? And how would that work? I have also emailed about the adopt a hospital program and I'm not sure if you received it.
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

Crystal, yes, you can use a local photographer. We look for one local to you who is willing donate their services.

To sign up, please fill out the model forms at http://www.savethecherubs.org and send them in and then we book a photo shoot.

Adopt A Hospital... yes, just got a chance to read that. You can adopt it together (both of you donate $50 then both cherubs names appear on the kit).

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Awesome thank you so much! I still will donate the $100 dollars. Do I just go on and donate? And how long does it usually take to recieve the materials?
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

Great! Does he have to wear wings? If so, please send them when you can!

Um, I have kind of a stupid question. Haha.

What size wings should I get? I don't want them to be too small but I don't want them to be too big. Once I get my wings, I'll send in my paperwork. Now that the holidays are just about over, it's not so hectic around here.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh