Stay Connected

Thread: Albany Medical Center

Albany Medical Center

Hi Dawn
    I e-mailed the link to adopt our hospital twice...once i november and once in december never got a response...can I have a direct contact number for someone.
    thanks
    Rachel SEebode

http://www.cdhhospitals.org/adopt.php is the link for more info. on adopting a hospital. There is also an email address listed too, adoptahospital@cdhsupport.org. dawn.williamson@cdhsupport.org is Dawn's email...make sure you put I want to Adopt a Hospital in the subject line.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Rachel, Where are you from? I live about an hour from Albany, in Pittsfield MA. My daughter wasnt treated in Albany though, we were in Providence, RI. How is Albany Med?

Hi guys! I just noticed some posters were from and around Albany? I am located 45 minutes southish of Albany! I am sorry! I get so excited to hear there are other CDH kids close by

Pittsfield is that close to Albany?! Who knew! Haha.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh

My care is currently being switched to Albany Medical and then after all there test are done they are sending to me to Boston. My OB Dr said they will not treat my unborn son there.. ;(

Hi Katie! Glad to see you posting on the forums too. You are not alone in this journey! Let us know if you have questions.

I do not know much about Albany Medical. Did they say why they couldn't treat your son? I am not sure if they have ECMO resources in Albany. Boston is more well known in the CDH field....some of the biggest research being conducted for CDH research takes place in Boston.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Yes, the Dr at Albany Medical said they will not treat my Son!! All my Dr keeps saying is "This is a big problem" over n over!! He said he is sending us to Boston (4 hours away) I have read great things about Boston but getting overhelmed because I am not a city person, Im more a country girl! Thank you it does feel good getting support from people who have been threw this!!

I am from a very small town and we were life flighted 3 hours away from home to receive NICU care for my son. I completely understand, for I am a country girl too and I freak just driving in City traffic, LOL!

It is so important for a CDH baby to be at an experienced facility in CDH and one that has ECMO resources. You want to do everything you can to bring your son home and giving him the best care that you feel comfortable is the way to go. It was hard being so far away from home and family and at the time I had a 19 month at home, but we did what we had to, to survive. My husband and I slit our weeks between home and the NICU, for my husband had to work, we couldn't afford for him to lose his job and I had to take care of my other son too.....some of the toughest decisions of my life.