Stay Connected

Thread: Demolition Derby time in PA

Demolition Derby time in PA

Today is my first day posting on this board since I became a member a while ago.

The last weekend of July, we have our annual Troy Fair with the demolition derby Friday and Saturday Nights. Well, I've been running in the powder puffs for the last 4 years, and thanks to my husband's skill with building awesome motors and watching him run for the last 10 years, I always place in the top three. Woo-hoo!! I LOVE this sport.

Okay, so I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to do with my derby car this year. We gets hundreds if not a thousand spectators at these events, which I participate in for the powder puff. I usually use my car's roof as a witnessing tool for Christ where all of the grandstand fans can read it.

After reading this forum and the great awareness ideas you all have come up with, I have decided to paint and design my derby car this year in honor of our surviving cherubs and in memory of our little cherubs in heaven. My husband does airbrushing and has won Best of Show many times, so it will be beautiful!

This has motivated me like you would not believe! I'm going to run even harder this year than years past for these little gals and guys (and those of you all grown up, too)! I promise to post pictures when the car's done. I'm going to put this website above my windshield space on the roof of my car. I'm so excited! Running a 1969 Newport with subframe. Sweet!
    Donna- mom of Dustin and cherub Hunter James Alexander (DOB 05/28/2003)- LCDH (intestines and part of stomach)- nitric oxide- oscillator ventilator- feeding problems- severe infant reflux with weight loss- currently mild reflux and asthma-like attacks with prolonged exertion (running)

I wish I was there to see your "finished" car!! I think it is a great idea!! Glad to see your posting on CHERUBS and Hunter is adorable!! Look forward to hearing more from you and to see those pictures of the finished car...GOOD LUCK!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

What an awesome idea!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
    Shana ~ Mom to Nyah-Lyn (05-31-2004) and Cherub Landon Matthew (06-20-200 Bilateral Diaphragmatic Eventration. Left side repaired @ 3 days old- Right side repaired @ 4 months old --> total hospital days = 42. He's our hero! http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f8...bonSmall-3.jpg Landon's Journey: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...m_medium=email

Great idea! I'm so glad you found inspiration here! You should post an introduction and tell us more about Hunter! I'm sure everyone would love to hear his story.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Blog Entries
    That's sooooo cool!!! You must take pictures and share with us
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.