Stay Connected

Thread: Birthday

Birthday

Hello again I was looking at Scarletts B-day and I see her name is on there three times. Is there any way to just leave one on there. I want to make room for other cherubs. Thank you.
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

So exciting Scarlett's Birthday is almost here! Her name appears 3 times becauase there is 3 accounts set up for Scarlett and you. If you click on her name in the calendar, it will show each of the usernames and info. You are not the only one with several accounts set up...sometimes members set up another account, because they forgot a password or username or just have issues getting an account to start with. Hopefully, our state reps. are catching these and making notes of changes that eventually need to be changed. Since you don't have a state rep., eventually these extra accounts will be caught and taken care of.

What plans do you have for Scarlett's birthday?
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Ok thanks for the info.

I know I am soo excited. I wanted to do something big and take her somewhere but money is super tight and so we are having a family party on Sat. Her favorite thing to do is to be in my sisters pool. They have a little waterfall and she can spend hours under there. She doesn't like cake so I am just going to buy her a huge icecream cone and put a candle in it and let her go to town. We are trying to teach her to blow. so far so good I hope she will blow out her candle. I don't know if it is because she is a CDH baby or my first baby but I feel the need to make every birthday huge and special. Maybe just a mommy thing. =)
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

A family party sounds perfect! I hope she likes her ice cream cone! Have you tried ice cream cakes? I think celebrating her birthdays should be special too....she is a precious miracle! Hope she blows out her candle this year!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thanks Tracy. Yeah I have tried everykind of cake even cupcakes. She is not really a sweet eater. Even Icecream she just likes to put it on her lips but doesn't really eat it. I'll let you know if she blows out her candle.

Yay! Happy Birthday Scarlett! I know it will be a special day for you all!
    Mom to Dakota Tenney- born 12-25-08 (RCDH). Diagnosed at 29 weeks. Born 7 weeks and 2 days early (32 weeks and 5 days). She is my Christmas gift and I am never giving her back. ECMO three days. Surgery on Day 13. Home on cannula oxygen 2-25-2009. Off oxygen 3-31-2009. No feeding tube yet *knock on wood*. Hard to feed and still a skinny little girl- but we are working on it!