Stay Connected

Thread: Great Awareness Idea for brides!

Great Awareness Idea for brides!

Last night we attended my cousin's wedding. In lieu of party favors she and her husband made a donation in my son Andrew's name to Cherubs. She had a framed information sheet out on a table describing CDH and a short paragraph on Andrew's story. At each place setting, she had a little scroll letting everyone know that a donation had been made to the "Save the Cherubs" campaign. We were very touched by this gesture and are happy that about 200 more people were made aware of this defect that has changed our lives!

Just thought I would share.
    Mom to Andrew born 6-15-2009 w/LCDH- diagnosed at birth. 66 days in NICU- 13 days ECMO- 43 days on vent - Pulmonary Hypertension- Chylothorax- Reflux - lots of ups and downs - now a happy 1 year old! Also mom to 3 beautiful girls - Samantha (10/18/2000)- Emily (7/22/2003) and Sara (11/14/2006).

Very nice idea!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

What a cool idea Michele! And what a neat thing for your cousin to do in honor of Andrew!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Blog Entries
    Love it! What a wonderful and thoughtful way to raise awareness and honor your CHERUB.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

How awesome!! What a selfless thing your cousin did!!
    My little Angel- Scarlett Ray Benitez was born July 19th 2008. She was born completely blue and not breathing at 38 weeks- she was 5 pounds and 12 ounces. She was diagnosed about an hour after birth with left sided CDH and she had a successful surgery two days later. The 19 days she was in the hospital are a blurr to me now. The doctors told us she did amazingly well for having CDH. She has acid refulx- severe asthma- and a few developmental delays and with all of that- to me and my husband she is perfect!! She is the happiest baby I have ever known (and no I am not biased ). Even when she is severly sick she still smiles. I thank God every day for giving me her!!

Wow, that is wonderful!!!!!! If you have a photo, please send it and we'll include it in the newsletter!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Sure, my mom just sent me a photo she took - is there an email address to send it to?
    Mom to Andrew born 6-15-2009 w/LCDH- diagnosed at birth. 66 days in NICU- 13 days ECMO- 43 days on vent - Pulmonary Hypertension- Chylothorax- Reflux - lots of ups and downs - now a happy 1 year old! Also mom to 3 beautiful girls - Samantha (10/18/2000)- Emily (7/22/2003) and Sara (11/14/2006).

I am getting married in 2 weeks and going to be doing the same thing. We have opted out of registering for gifts and encouraging cash gifts in order for us to take a portion of the $ and donate on behalf of Jonathan L. Moehl (Aug 2009) I think this is an amazing way for people to become aware and for everyone to be apart of contributing towards a bigger and better cause then stocking our kitchen

I think that is awesome Jamie that you are doing this in memory of Jonathan...Tiffany must be so proud of you and what you are doing in memory of her son. I love this idea of brides doing this!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org