Stay Connected

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Forums - Please Post Any Issues Here

Also on the Avatars, check these settings too:

Hit the Settings Button, and then scroll down on the left side to under My Account, there is a general settings option. Click that. Scroll down until you see Thread Display Options. Make sure all 3 are checked, show signature, show avatars, show images. Remember to save changes.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Tracy, thanks for the information. I tried to unclick the "Do Not Use Avatar" in the Edit Avatar option and it won't unclick. Everything else is working fine. I like the new program. Thanks for everything you do.
    Lynn Howard - Mother to Ethan Howard 10/24/08 - RCDH. Born at 31 weeks, repair-17 days old, vent 6 weeks, extubated to cpap, high flow, regular O2. NICU 3 months, G-tube/Fundo at 5 months. Reherniation 14 months: vent 3 weeks, 7 week hospital stay, distonic reaction to medication, oxygen 22 months, reflux and developmental delays, Current: Speech, Occupational and Physical therapies, severe oral aversions; strabismus surgery 3 1/2 years old. Busy, sweet 4 year old.

Tracy, I've tried both your suggestions and it won't work for me. I don't have the "custom avatar" option and I can't unclick the "do not use avatar" option. Also, all three boxes are checked under Thread Display so that's not the problem.
    Dalton was born 3 weeks early. He wasn't diagnosed with a hernia until 10 days old when his lung collapsed and he turned blue. Dalton was air-lifted to Children's National Medical Center in Washington DC. He had his repair surgery at 12 days old and it was discovered that his spleen is located on the wrong side, his intestines are malrotated, and his appendix is higher up than it should be.

Up-date... Dalton had his appendix removed on Nov 1, 2011 due to a rupture. It was later revealed that his intestines have rotated into the correct position and his spleen has migrated to the correct side. I guess time really does heal all wounds!!

Dalton has an older brother, Connor (1/17/01) and loves to play soccer.

Lynn and Kelly...Thank you for trying what I suggested....I am looking into this issue and hope to have answers soon. I will post when I figure out what is going on.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Testing the site with an account I set up....trying to figure out why certain errors are happening...from profile pics not showing, to signature line issues, to moderation errors. Please let me know what issues you are having. tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org or post them here. I am trying to figure out the profile pic issue with my test account.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 9, Shane - 5, and Toby - 3 months. Volunteer Coordinator for CHERUBS, Wyoming State Representative and Co-Rep. for Colorado and Utah.
    www.wyomingcherubs.blogspot.com
    Ian's CDH video: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Many of you have been asking me why our Avatars are not showing up. I think I fixed it! Please go to Settings (next to the Log Out button), then on the left hand side of the screen go to Edit Avatar. You should now see a section to check the circle, "Use Custom Avatar". From here you can either enter a URL for a picture or upload your picture. Please note the size requirements listed.

Many of you were telling me your signature lines were not saving over 500 characters, please try now. That has been upped to 1,000 characters. To add a signature line, go to Settings, then to Edit Signature. Your signature will show up on all posts you make.

Tracy I did not do anything and my avatar came back on it's own today (I have a feeling it's something you did) just wanted to let you know and say thank you. Now I need to change it he was 6 months then and now he's 2.

Looks like I'm on the "must be moderated" list for NC CHERUBS.

ashleybarry
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.
    Ashley Barry Mom to CDH survivor Jessica and younger sister Leah
    Vice President CHERUBS board

Thanks Ashley for letting us know....we are working on the moderation issue.

If any of you are getting posting errors or other messages, please let us know what they say and when they happen. If you are having problems with uploading pictures, creating a signuature line, or using the blogs here on CHERUBS, please let us know.

I cant seem to add a new thread in the Fundraising section of the Forums, what am i doing wrong this time. lol?
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler