Stay Connected

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS 2012 Cook Book

Smile CHERUBS 2012 Cook Book

Goal Completion Date for CHERUBS Cook Book Feb, 2012

I have had such a huge response already with willing and excited CHERUBS members ready to get to work!! I have no doubt this will be an AMAZING Cook Book!!

I will need some volunteers to head up certain sections of the book by gathering info, for each recipe to include recipe, CHERUB member picture and short bio, then compiling the info into an email for me.
    I'm thinking a specialty section:
    A.
    1. Gluten Free
    2. Sugar Free
    3. Vegan/ Vegitarian
    4. G-Tube/ Blended Diet

B.
    1. Appitizers
    2. Sides
    3. Salads
    4. Stews/Soups
    5. Fish
    6. Poultry
    7. Beef
    8. Desserts

C.
    1. Meals Under 30 minutes
    2. School Lunches/ After School Snacks
    3. Seasonal Favorites

For All Recipes, as an added bonus (if there is a way) add an alternate suggested substitute for Low Calorie (except for the blended diet, which should be high calorie)

Also need to add a recommended Dr./Dietician approval for G-Tube/Blended diet.

So far these are the ideas that have run through my head, I would love to hear yours!! Please respond to this Thread as all of the info you all provide is valuable to this project and I dont want any of it to be lost in emails.

Thank You!!!
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler

LOVE this idea and I hope all of our members will help out with this! If you have one of our last 3 past cookbooks, you know they turn out awesome! I have found some wonderful recipes that have been shared by cherubs' members. I am not sure a bio is necessary with each recipe, but maybe who is submitting the recipe and in honor of or in memory of which cherub. In the past, we have listed this info. with the recipe and had a section in the front of all the contributors and their cherubs' name. We also had in the front information on CDH and CHERUBS. Maybe a section in the back with time savers, quick ideas, handy ideas, ect...trying to think of a better name for this.

Christina, you can count me in where ever you need me...assign me a section or more, whatever you need help with! I am not familiar with the Section A topics, but think it is a great idea to include!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I am making a post to see if this will show up in new posts....I want to make sure this post is not missed! We want your help!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

yeah, i found the thread!
    i was thinking for the title: Cooking with CHERUBS Vol IV. then a title (which im thinking we can have a contest within the members for a title)
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828

That is a great idea to have a contest for the title!

Yay!!! I'm really excited....even tho I don't cook....assign me a section and I will help. Aaron has said that he will include his Peanut butter Balls and a Tilapia (?sp) recipe he has made up. The fish is an easy and fast cook after about 20mins of simple prep. He says he has more but will have to work on getting them together around school work. Just let me know what you need my help with and I would love to.
    Mom to Zoe- born June 3, 2009 with LCDH. ECMO for 30 days, renal failure, pulminary hypertention, blood infections, but she was our Fighter Angel. She grew her angel wings October 22- 2009.
    Step-mom to Cole-7 years old.
    Soon to be Mom to Aryah Hope- due December 13, 2011

NC State Rep Grieving Parents

C
    Cooking with CHERUBS, Volume IV (Winning Title to be determined)

Goal Completion Date for CHERUBS Cook Book Feb, 2012

I have had such a huge response already with willing and excited CHERUBS members ready to get to work!! I have no doubt this will be an AMAZING Cook Book!!

I will need some volunteers to head up certain sections of the book by gathering info, for each recipe to include recipe, CHERUB member picture and short bio, then compiling the info into an email for me.
    I'm thinking a specialty section:
    A.
    1. Gluten Free
    2. Sugar Free
    3. Hypo Allergenic
    4. Vegan/ Vegitarian
    5. G-Tube/ Blended Diet

B.
    1. Appitizers
    2. Sides
    3. Salads
    4. Stews/Soups
    5. Seafood
    6. Poultry
    7. Beef
    8. Desserts

C.
    1. Meals Under 30 minutes
    2. School Lunches/ After School Snacks
    3. Seasonal Favorites

D.
    1. Time Savers, Quick Ideas, Handy Tools

For All Recipes, as an added bonus (if there is a way) add an alternate suggested substitute for Low Calorie (except for the blended diet, which should be high calorie)

Also need to add a recommended Dr./Dietician approval for G-Tube/Blended diet.
    We will be having a contest at the end to determine the Title of the cook book: Cooking with CHERUBS Volume IV (Then the winning title)

I would love to hear your ideas!! Please respond to this Thread as all of the info you all provide is valuable to this project and I dont want any of it to be lost in emails.

Thank You!!!
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828

I'm definitely willing to help. This will be my first cookbook with Cherubs.
    Are the recipes just supposed to be for CDH children or all recipes?
    I love to cook and have thousands of recipes!

Tina

All recipes Tina...anything your family finds to be a yummy recipe!! I love my cherubs cookbooks! This time we are going to include sections for our gtube children, plus gluten free, sugar free, hypoallergenic, and vegan too.

I will help too. I'm not much of a cook. I have a few good desserts that I make over and over again.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url