Stay Connected

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS 2012 Cook Book

Im so excited about this!! We are also adding a Crock Pot Meal section.
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler

Im so excited, we are doing a section on Crock Pot meals too!!
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828

I will help. I have a ton of recipes I can contribute. Also, what about grandparents? I asked my parents if they'd be interested in helping out-they have some awesome recipes, too. My dad (my family's resident chef), said he'd be glad to.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh

you bet Tracy! i cant wait to see all of the recipes.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828

Blog Entries
    Yay, I found the thread over here vs. Facebook Gotta get myself back into checking here often. Looking forward to working on this project.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Love the crock pot idea!!

I'll have to contribute my husband's roast recipe I don't even like roast and I actually request him to cook (and not just to get myself out of cooking).

OK, my interested parties!!! I need some recipies for section A, All catagories. Spread the word!! Let me know what you have and I will email you the info template im working on. Thank You!!
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, trying to think about section A. I'll see what I have. I do 100% milk free cooking so some of that could fall under vegan. I have tinkered with gluten free a bit, but not tons. Have a couple recipes for that. We also do egg free, dye free, and predominantly corn free cooking.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Hi everyone,
    I just got back on the forums. For some reason I'm not getting any responses by email.
    Anyways I'd love to contribute. Can you send me the template to submit recipes.
    My email address is alittleoh@yahoo.com