Stay Connected

Thread: Thanks!

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks everyone. There is a lot of thought and love put into these bags. And the information has been invaluable. I like to read and research as much as possible, but my husband is the opposite, until tonight when he looked at the CDH baby book. He actually wanted to talk, and asked a few things, some I couldn't answer, but at least he is asking now. It has opened things up for us, and I am thankful for that by itself. Again though, thank you all, it is such a wonderful thing to do.

You are so welcome...hope you find comfort that we all are here for you and that the bag was full of hope and love sent to your family. It is so nice to hear that your hubby wanted to talk after looking at the CDH baby book. If you ever have questions, just ask away. Each one of our experiences is different, but reading about other experiences can help with what if situations and the unknown.

(((HUGS)))
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thinking of you! It is so hard finding out your baby is going to be sick. My husband and I were the exact same way as you and your husband. I researched like a maniac, set up the doctors appointments, and took the lead on everything with regard to CDH (I still take the lead on anything medical for Dakota to this day - which thankfully is not much). I would explain everything to him, I would explain to him in detail what Dakota would go through and how she would survive, and how we were going to relocate 5 hours from home for as long as it would take .... and he just went along with me, which I am forever thankful for. I wanted to take the lead on this. I'm not sure my husband got the support he needed because he was so quiet about it and also because I refused to let him even mention the fear that Dakota would not survive. I couldn't handle that. I just wanted positive thoughts. I feel badly now for not letting him discuss his feelings and fears. I think you guys sounds like you are doing great to begin communicating about it.
    Thinking of you and praying for a smooth pregnancy and birth and a great start!
    Hugs!
    Mom to Dakota Tenney- born 12-25-08 (RCDH). Diagnosed at 29 weeks. Born 7 weeks and 2 days early (32 weeks and 5 days). She is my Christmas gift and I am never giving her back. ECMO three days. Surgery on Day 13. Home on cannula oxygen 2-25-2009. Off oxygen 3-31-2009. No feeding tube yet *knock on wood*. Hard to feed and still a skinny little girl- but we are working on it!