Stay Connected

Thread: Oh my gosh... Thank you!!!

Smile Oh my gosh... Thank you!!!

I just received my care package today. Brought tears to my eyes. My daughters, ages 9 & 4, helped me carefully go through the package. They couldn't believe that someone, let alone a group of people, care about their sister, and were so kind enough to send her a package. <3 They were already putting dibs on what coloring pages they were going to color for their sister. Gosh I love them!!! Thank you again soooooo much, from the bottom of my heart!!! Hopefully, when Stormy comes home, and is healthy, I will be putting together some items to donate to another family. Thanks again soooo much to Cherubs and all the families that have donated.

Welcome to Cherubs from another Pacific NW family. There are some fantastic folks here who will be happy to cheer your Cherub & family along as you walk this CDH road. Saw your blog, so sorry you are having such a rough ride through this pregnancy! Reminds me alot of the tough journey my daughter went through with morning sickness, weight loss & migraines with her Cherub angel Jayden. Praying the 3rd trimester will be smooth sailing & your little girl comes out fighting hard!! Praying for Stormy!

Shelly Moore
    Beaverton, Oregon

Praying for you, your family and Stormy! It sounds like your little girls are so sweet!
    Mom to Dakota Tenney- born 12-25-08 (RCDH). Diagnosed at 29 weeks. Born 7 weeks and 2 days early (32 weeks and 5 days). She is my Christmas gift and I am never giving her back. ECMO three days. Surgery on Day 13. Home on cannula oxygen 2-25-2009. Off oxygen 3-31-2009. No feeding tube yet *knock on wood*. Hard to feed and still a skinny little girl- but we are working on it!

Welcome to CHERUBS! We are so happy to hear that the totebag brought comfort...please know we all are thinking of you. Praying for you, Stormy and your family during this difficult time. Would love to hear more about your little girl.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Hi Sabrina,

Hadn't heard an update & I know Stormy was due. Praying she is doing well!
    Not sure if you delivered in Oregon or Washington. If there is anything you need, let Christina (our Washington-Oregon rep) or I know! You can also send a private message on the private part of the boards.

Praying for Stormy!
    Shelly Moore
    CHERUBS Oregon Representative and Oregon Hospital Angel
    CHERUBS Prayer Committee Member
    CHERUBS Parental Advisory Board Member (2013-2015)
    Email: oregon@cherubs-cdh.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Teckiemom

Grandmother to cherub angel Jayden, the only son to my born to youngest daughter, Alicia.

Jayden was diagnosed with CDH at his 17 week ultrasound with severe LCDH, stomach, intestines up as well as having polycystic kidneys. He was born February 19, 2010 at 36 weeks gestation.

Jayden spent 7 days on ECMO after which he was working on gaining strength for surgery when his polycystic kidneys started failing at about day 15, totally failing by day 19.

Jayden spent 4 days on dialysis before gaining his wings on March 14, 2010 at age 23 days.

Remembering Jayden - A Family's Journey in Coping with Loss to CDH
    http://rememberingjayden.blogspot.com/

Jayden's CDH Story 2/19/10 - 3/14/10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKsAsMS_ZA

Sabrina, congratulations on the birth of Stormy!! great name! Was it you we were 5minutes behind at The opening of Randall? Im hoping all is well and i wanted you to know if you need anything, Myself and Shelly Moore are here for you at anytime for anything. If you need to talk feel free to call me 425-922-2828.
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler