Stay Connected

Thread: April 19th Parade of Cherubs in Seattle!

April 19th Parade of Cherubs in Seattle!

We are having a parade of cherubs in Seattle!!! Thank you, Christina Stembler for volunteering to organize this event!!

http://seattle2012paradeofcherubs.eventbrite.com/
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Would you like to join me in an effort to spread CDH Awareness?? Please click on the link above and register. Come Join the Seattle 2012 Parade of CHERUBS!! This is the first year for this event in Washington, I'm hoping to make it a GREAT one!! Donating their time and joining us will be The Real Charitable Housewives of Seattle. I will have EVENT T-shirts on hand. I am requesting that ALL attendees wear these T-shirts, If you would like to purchase at the end of the event, the cost is $7.50. We will be releasing balloons in Honor of Warriors and in Loving Memory of Angels at the end of our walk. If ANY of the families out there affected by CDH cannot come, but would like your child mentioned, please contact me at washington@cherubs-cdh.org I look forward to seeing everyone!!
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler

Hope you WA members are having a great day raising awareness of CDH!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org