Stay Connected

Thread: Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!

This is my first post, my daughter Brooklyn Douglas was born February 25th and diagnosed with CDH, we did not know until after she was born.

The last month has been the craziest and most stressful month of my life by far, Brooklyn took 15 days before she was healthy enough to go onto a conventional ventilator which they told us was required before surgery.

They tried twice and she was not strong enough before the third the doctors told us we were at the point that we had to prepare because at this point they were not optimistic about her status, our little angel kicked that conventional ventilator's BUTT the next day! She went into surgery 4 days later and is now in recovery. We're battling reflux which we expected but the worst is hopefully over.

I'm extremely grateful and thankful to have a child that survived this awful birth defect and we received a package today that I can't express how grateful and amazing it made both me and mom feel.

This community is incredible we're excited to spread awareness about CDH on the 31st and the CDH awareness bands and pins we got will be perfect!

Thank you to everyone who donated, we are incredibly grateful and can't wait to explain all of this and to our daughter once she is old enough.

So happy to hear about Brooklyn!!!! Many prayers for continued good health, and that the reflux continues to improve!!!
    Mom to Dakota Tenney- born 12-25-08 (RCDH). Diagnosed at 29 weeks. Born 7 weeks and 2 days early (32 weeks and 5 days). She is my Christmas gift and I am never giving her back. ECMO three days. Surgery on Day 13. Home on cannula oxygen 2-25-2009. Off oxygen 3-31-2009. No feeding tube yet *knock on wood*. Hard to feed and still a skinny little girl- but we are working on it!

So happy to hear about Brooklyn's progress!!! She is a fighter and I sure hope her recovery goes smoothly here on out and they can get her reflux under control and she takes off with her eating. Keep us posted on her recovery. Go Brooklyn!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Welcome to CHERUBS. Sorry to have met under these circumstances, but glad to hear that Brooklyn is kicking CDH!!!
    Ashley Barry Mom to CDH survivor Jessica and younger sister Leah
    Vice President CHERUBS board

I just wanted to give an update:

Brooklyn is doing wonderful, she is now 8 and a half months old! We were at the hospital for a total of 117 days and she required 2 more surgeries (1 was a fundoplication and a G Tube being placed and the other was due to a bowel blockage caused by scar tissue from the first two surgeries).

She is growing and doing well the reflux is getting better day by day we're still on the G Tube but I'm sure Brooklyn won't need it for long she's a fighter!

Here are a couple pictures of our little girl from than and now:

Wow!! What a difference and look at her now!! Such a pretty girl. Brooklyn is a fighter and she is going to keep beating anything thrown in her path. Thank you for updating us, I love to hear these good updates!! Hope Brooklyn keeps doing so well. Before you know it, she will be one!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Adorable! Keep up the good work Brooklyn!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url