Stay Connected

Thread: MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Tracy Meats

MEET OUR VOLUNTEERS - Tracy Meats

Tracy is the mom of Ian Wesley, born April 3, 2004, at 36 weeks old. He was born with an undiagnosed left-sided CDH. He spent 53 days in the NICU at Primary Children's Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. Ian was on ECMO for 7 days and had his CDH repair on day 5. On day 48, he had left and right inguinal hernia surgeries, along with an undescended left testicle surgery. He was on a ventilator for 29 days, of which 23 days was an oscillating vent. He endured many complications including pulmonary hypertension, NG tube feeds, developmental delays, minor oral aversions, hypoplastic left lung, chylothorax, pneumothorax, anemia, acid reflux, and oxygen dependency. Ian used oxygen for 546 days. He currently has abnormal systemic venous drainage above the heart with numerous collateral vessels and an echogenic mass on the heart, all due to ECMO. Ian loves school and his video games!

Tracy is the Wyoming State Representative and Volunteer Coordinator for CHERUBS. She is married to her loving husband, Chris, and they have 3 other sons besides Ian; Cole, Shane and Toby. She is an Avon Representative and her full-time job is a stay-at-home mom. Tracy has a BS in Accounting and has worked as an auditor and tax consultant. She enjoys volunteering to help CDH families, reading, playing and listening to music, anything crafty, and fishing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Thank you SO much for all that you do. You are another one that I'm in awe of how you find all the extra time to get it all done. You are such a gift to Dawn and the whole CHERUBS family. Many, many thanks.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

Thank you for the kind words Freedom. I hope to meet you and your amazing family some day!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

That would be so wonderful. Now...I just need to win the lotto.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

I agree...I think Karla mentioned on another post or maybe it was you, she needed to win the lotto to be able to attend these events...I agree!! Every event, coference, angel ball, I stalk the airlines trying to find a good deal daily or tring to make things happen. It is hard having 4 kids and having the extra vacation money. It took us 5 years of saving to go to Disneyland this year and my kids would have really been upset if I would have used it on something else.

The conference is going to be wonderful this year, so bummed!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Blog Entries
    I like that "anything crafty and fishing" lol Yes Tracy thank you for all you do! I don't know how you get it all done. I have six kids here and 5 leave at 5:30, you have 4 24/7. I bow in awe of you
    Mom to Brandon 7/17/96 LCDH repaired six times- ECMO seven days- nissen and g-tube at three weeks- g-tube removed at five years- slight scoliosis Also Co-Rep for the State of Ohio

Thanks Tara! I just wish I had more time for crafting and fishing! LOL! Now the boys are getting crafty and like to do fun things, so that is fun to get them involved with crafts. My boys love to fish! The only part I don't like is cleaning them....yuck!!!!

I think it is so wonderful you spend your time taking care of kids during the day...it takes a special person and I bet they love you!

I totally understand Tracy. I can NEVER find a good deal on airline tickets for us. 6 airline tickets = a TON of money. Wish it didn't have to be that way.