Stay Connected

Thread: CONFERENCE 2012 - San Francisco, CA

CONFERENCE 2012 - San Francisco, CA

CONFERENCE 2012 - San Francisco, July 26th to July 29th

Hey everyone! Hope that many of you are planning to attend conference this next week!

If you are attending PLEASE go to:

http://cdhconference.eventbrite.com/

and register! Please note that this is not making your hotel reservations....this is just info for us to plan and have a head count.

So who is attending?? Who can help in the kids room??
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I am not able to attend, but we have some amazing things planned!! Wonderful doctors and researchers will be in attendance and making presentations. There will also be families from all over the US in attendance!! There is nothing like meeting families who have endured the same journey you are beginning, are on or have endured! This will be another big event for CHERUBS!!! So much neat things happening in 2012 for CHERUBS and with CDH Awareness!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

I won't be able to attend either. Sounds like this is going to be wonderful. I can't wait to read everything once it's posted. Again, I need to win the lotto so I can attend all the wonderful events.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

So bummed I can't go this year. It just wasn't in the budget even for just me to attend. Hoping for Boston for 2013 so we can drive!

Everyone that is going will have an amazing time! I think of 2009 in Texas and 2010 in Florida all the time. My kids do to and I can't wait for the next one now that Braden is getting older and is able to understand what is going on and what CHERUBS is all about.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url