Stay Connected

Thread: Wyatt on the News

Wyatt on the News

Wyatt and I were on the news for about 16 seconds. It wasn't about CDH though. We were interviews about the hospitals new facilities that are being built. The new NICU will give each family their own room with a window. Here is the link.

http://mms.tveyes.com/PlaybackPortal...f-c34ab6d8b685

Filmed in Dallas' Parkland Hospital NICU on Thursday, September 13, 2012
    Casey- mom to Wyatt, LCDH diagnosed around 20 weeks, 4/13/12. Wyatt was born at TPN/LIPIDS, 53 days with a central line, still has a NG/D tube. Hopefully waiting to bring our sweet boy home soon.
    www.familydavies.blogspot.com

How cool! Thanks for sharing the link with us!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

More windows in the NICU will be nice!!! Alyssa was in a private room when she was on ECMO but we felt so closed off. It was nice to be in a "regular" NICU nursery with other parents. I'm still friends with 2 other Moms that were there the same time we were 8 years ago.

Alyssa~ 7/19/2004; LCDH- ECMO 11 days (VV 5 days)- (VA 6 days)-To date, the only Double ECMO Case at Helen DeVos Children's Hospital, Vent 19 days- Osc. Vent 1 day- Jet Vent 1 day- Oxygen 20 days. 64 days in the NICU, came home on NG tube, continuous drip feeds. 02/28/2005 Fundoplication and G-tube placed.

When my daughter was born, we were in a NICU that had bays and there were about 12 babies a bay. It was loud, busy, congested. I hated it. When she was transferred to Boston, we had our own room (pretty much) except when there was another baby who needed ECMO. We were in the "ECMO suite." At any given time, there was no more than one other family. It was soooooo nice! Then we went back to the congested NICU. =( Luckily they built a new one that opened less than a year after we left so families don't have to deal with that anymore.
    Mommy to a Miracle: Ericka Elizabeth (3.18.2009)-LCDH diagnosed in utero at 29 weeks- Venitlator- Nitric Oxide- Repair surgery at 13 days- Venous Venous ECMO at 16 days- Venous Arterial ECMO at 21 days- came off ECMO at 36 days- off oxygen support at 84 days- G-tube surgery at 78 days- home at 100 days..FINALLY! I'm so proud of her and all the progress we have made! All meds and g-tube DC'd on May 5th- 2010. She's still a skinny minny but she's healthy and happy! She's amazing!
    ERICKA'S JOURNEY: http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...39&skin_id=801 www.myspace.com/tracy_leigh