Stay Connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NEW STORIES OF CHERUBS Book - Submission Deadline September 30, 2013

I don't know if I ever got Aydas story in or not so I will send ours to Dawn tomorrow. It's in my blog on here so not sure if she can just get it from there or not.
    Shanell Browand- CHERUBS Idaho State Representative, mommy to Ayda Rose Browand, our one and only (LCDH- 4 CDH surgeries, 2 surgeries to remove fluid from around her heart, has severe hearing loss, asthma, febrile seizures, weak immune system)

I'll send Adam's in this weekend. I have to get on the computer and find it.

Dawn, can I submit the poem I wrote and next time I'll have the story written.
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler

Hi my name is Precious. Thanks for sharing your story Christina. My baby girl Angel was born August 16, 2013. She has LCDH. She had her repair surgery 2 days ago. She has to go back to the or on Friday to close up her abdomen because it was swollen 2 days ago, but overall she is doing good. Hunter's story really inspired me because my baby girl sure has had her share of ups and downs as well. She was put on ECMO at 3 days old. She stayed on ECMO for 20 days. During this period she had to get a chest tube, a cathedar to drain fluid from around her heart, kidney failure, a collapsed lung, and blood clots. I thank god for my baby girl. CDH babies are fighters!! It was nice to read your story. It inspired me.

Precious, Write her story. Submit it. Families need hope, and stories of little warriors can provide that. Stories can help show how very much Research is needed. No child should lose their life or struggle the way our little ones do. Thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to reading Angel's story! Sending you all prayers, love and thoughts of Strength and quick recovery. if you need anything, feel free to contact any of your CHERUBS family! <3
    My name is Christina, I am Mother to 4 children. My 3rd child, Hunter was born, full term and survived LCDH(Left Sided Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation Initial replacement of missing diaphragm with synthetic patch,Breathing Machines,Stroke,No Pericardial Sack,RSV,Repair to diaphragm Patch,Bowel Blockage,Bowel Reconstruction,Months of IV antibiotics,Lovenox Shots to dissolve blood clot in heart,Low Weight and Size,Still eating by G-Tube and Physical, Occupational and Feeding Therapy Daily.Through all of this, he looks at me and brightens every room with his smile! Overall,Hunter spent 45 days in NICU,several other hospital stays and approximately 10 surgeries.He has 2 Big Sisters,Danielle 20 (Dating a CDH Survivor),Codee 16,and a baby Brother,Hayden 2. Hunter's condition,in a weird way, has made us stronger as a family and has taught us lessons we will never forget! I wanted other families to know that there is someone here for them, someone that they can depend on and a little boy that can provide some light in the darkness of CDH.
    Christina Smith-Stembler
    Washington State CHERUBS Rep/ Oregon CHERUBS Co-Rep/ Mother to Hunter, LCDH Survivor
    washington@cherubs-cdh.org
    www.cdhsupport.org
    425-922-2828
    www.babyhomepages.net/stembler
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/christina.s.stembler

Yes, send the stories in as Christina mentioned. Our members old and new love, love reading them. They bring hope and healing to them all.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

Hi Christina. I want to share Angel's story as well but I wasn't sure how to do so. Where do I send in her story??

Too Late?

Is it still to late to do this?

We would love for you to share your story with us Jasmin! The cut off date is November 15th (we adjusted the date, for we needed more stories to fill the book), so we have enough time to get the books out for Christmas. All you need to do, is mail your cherub's name, date(s), 1 photo and story to dawn.m.williamson@gmail.com. You can also share your story here too with members.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Tracy it's good yo know that the deadline has been extended.