Stay Connected

Thread: Williams, Henry Davis

Williams, Henry Davis

Henry Davis Williams was born 11-13-12 at 3:23am and passed just a few hours later.

The doctors cannot give us a concrete reason why Henry passed away. Oddly enough, the one health problem we knew Henry was suffering from, congenital diaphragmatic hernia, played no part in his passing. He had a good lung, and it was working hard. Henry had a severe case of metabolic acidosis and despite the doctors best efforts, it could not be cured. The doctors also feel Henry had Fryns syndrome, a very rare condition. Most babies with fryns pass away in utero. However, a few affected individuals have lived into childhood. Many of these children have had severe developmental delay and intellectual disability.

Henry was a very sick little boy. We feel very strongly that all of the love and support we received throughout our pregnancy fed Henry and kept him healthy and strong enough to not only reach full term but to also come out fighting. We are so thankful for the time we had with him, holding and loving on him. A memory we will cherish forever in our hearts.
    Induced at 40 weeks. Henry Davis Williams was born 11-13-12, 6lb 10oz. Henry passed away a few hours after birth. Although the doctors cannot give us a concrete answer why he passed, it was not due to cdh. Henry had a very severe case of metabolic acidosis and had fryns syndrome. (Due 11-10-12. CDH diagnosed at 22 weeks. Left side, bowels up, heart pushed over, clubbed feet, one port cord. Delivered at university hospital in Cleveland, OH)

Carrie, sending you warm hugs and our very deepest sympathies. I hope Henry has found a safe and welcoming haven in Heaven as he waits to be wrapped once again in warmth and love in his mothers arms. I know our own angels Dayne and Daniels will hold him close till you see him once again.

Hugs

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of prayers.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Blog Entries
    Carrie, I'm saddened to hear of Henry's passing. I'm sorry for you loss. My prayers are with you!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Carrie, I am so very sorry of your loss of Henry. Please know we all are here for you. My prayers are with you for strength and comfort. Rest in peace baby Henry.

(((HUGS))) Carrie.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thank you very much.
    Induced at 40 weeks. Henry Davis Williams was born 11-13-12, 6lb 10oz. Henry passed away a few hours after birth. Although the doctors cannot give us a concrete answer why he passed, it was not due to cdh. Henry had a very severe case of metabolic acidosis and had fryns syndrome. (Due 11-10-12. CDH diagnosed at 22 weeks. Left side, bowels up, heart pushed over, clubbed feet, one port cord. Delivered at university hospital in Cleveland, OH)