Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore, Maryland - Running for CHERUBS Oct. 12, 2013 in the Baltimore Maraton

Baltimore, Maryland - Running for CHERUBS Oct. 12, 2013 in the Baltimore Maraton

Anyone is welcome to join us on Oct. 12th for the Baltimore Running Festival. Here is the event page with all the info.

You can find it on facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/events/496900897050675/

Our very own Volunteer Freedom Green is running in two races this October!!

Making Kylee's 13th Birthday a BIG one this year. Our goal is to raise $1000.00 for CDH Research.

Make that a double event fundraiser for me please. I will be running two races in October.

1st race - Ragnar Relay ( Oct. 4th – 5th ) I will be running from Cumberland, MD to Washington, D.C. You can learn more about the race here: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/dc
    I won a contest from Run Like a Mother http://anothermotherrunner.com/ and I will be running the Ragnar Relay with 23 other mother runners. I will be on Team Dimity!!!! I can’t wait for this awesome mother runner healing adventure on two very special days - Kylee's days!

2nd - Oct. 12th Joe and I hit the streets of downtown Baltimore in the Baltimore Running Festival. . I will run the full marathon. My husband Joe will be running the 1/2 marathon this year. Run daddy Run! http://www.thebaltimoremarathon.com/

Why: To raise money and awareness for The Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia ( CDH ) Research fund at CHERUBS. Please join us in celebration. Kylee lost her battle with CDH on 10/05/00.

My volunteer Roles at CHERUBS:
    * On-Call for Grieving Families
    * Facebook Admin
    * CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board - ( CPAB )

If you would like to donate to Freedom's Race for CHERUBS you can visit.
    http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...rch-fund-drive

Baltimore, Maryland

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Thank you
    Freedom Green
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

Freedom you rock! I could not run one race let alone 2. I hope you reach your fundraising goal!

Thank you! I sure hope I meet my funding goal. I know it's a big one, but we came pretty close to it last year. But, I also know times are hard for many people right now and donations are the first to be cut. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

Members of CHERUBS - Please feel free to repost the info about my race. We could use the extra help getting the word out.

Thank you!

Hope you meet your goal Freedom! Kylee is forever with you and what you do in her memory is so special. I hope you have wonderful runs Freedom!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Daily goal update: $590.00 raised so far for The CDH Research Fund. Only $410.00 left to hit our goal. Feeling good about this. Lucky # 13. Really feeling like we will hit our goal this year. Thanks to everyone helping spread the word for us.

Daily goal update: $730.00 raised so far for The CDH Reasearch Fund. Only $270.00 left to hit our goal. Feeling SUPER pumped that we are almost at our goal. Thanks to everyone helping spread the word for us. Joseph Green

Thank you to our newest donation from The Poluri Family.

Please make sure to message me your home mailing address so we can send you out a real snail mail thank you note. freedomktsc@verizon.net or through facebook .

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...rch-fund-drive

Wonderful news!!! You rock Freedom!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Not sure about that....maybe I'm just super nutty! Gotta run to keep my head clear and my family on track.

I am learning how much exercise helps clear the mind and makes you feel better....with my cardiac rehab, it has been my time to think and focus on myself. I see why you run. I have always used the excuse I don't have time to exercise like I want, but I know now I have to make that time and be good to me.

You still rock!!