Stay Connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Baltimore, Maryland - Running for CHERUBS Oct. 12, 2013 in the Baltimore Maraton

Final Total for CDH Research fund.... $1360.00 Thank you so much for all the support and donations to the CHERUBS CDH Research fund. You made it so special for our family. Thank you! We did this for all our CHERUBS family. http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/open...ource=SndrRcpt
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

Way to go Freedom!!! You did awesome and in memory of a precious angel that is so proud of her mama.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Way to go Freedom! That's amazing, thank you.
    Amanda Mother of Liz born 09/09/2002 with LCDH,Emily 05/27/2005. Liz was diagnosed at 12 weeks in uetro 90 percent of left diaphragm missing. Gortex patch put in at 3 days old. Ever abdominal organ other then kidneys herniated. Born at 38 weeks, 6 lbs 11oz. Born in Hamilton ON. Hospitalized for 6 weeks. Rehirniated at age 6 and 3 surgeries age 10 almost lost my Cherub again. Duplication cysts on her stomach. Reflux and on going GI issues.

Tracy - I used to do the same thing. Always say I never had time. One day I read an article about when making out your daily to do list place yourself as the very 1st item on your list. I started doing that. Makes sense. If I do that one little thing to make myself better than I can better help serve/support all the others in my life. Tracy keep up the good work. I'm so glad you are ok. I was so scared when I found out what happened to you. Love, love, love having you around.

Thank you Amanda! I trained super hard for this years event. This is the most money we have ever raised so far. My heart is happy.

Take care and have a great week everyone!
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

(((HUGS))) Freedom. You are so right. I put myself on the end of my list and I realized that I need to move myself to the top of the list. This not only helps me, but everybody around me and my kids. I need to be around for my kids for many years to come, for they need me. Thank you for all the prayers and encouragement during my recovery, it means the world to me.

You did amazing with your fundraiser this year Freedom!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Tracy, yes...place yourself on the top of that list. I promise you that one day your family will thank you for doing that. It's hard at first, but you can do it! I don't want you to miss a thing with all those sweet boys. You are right...so much to see. That keeps me going. I want to see it all.

You are in my thoughts everyday. Keep up the great work. So proud of you.

Thank you Freedom, (((HUGS))).