Alyssa was prescribed Periactin also. We used it for about a year and as she started to grow more we noticed that it was causing her mood swings. So the Dr. took her off of it. We've increased her Protein and use Duo Cal powder to add extra calories. She won't drink or eat thick things. She won't do milk shakes or peanut butter. She's a big fan of Poultry and eggs though! We saw the Gastro at Riley Children's in Carmel IN this afteroon and He looked at her weight and I had told him that we hadn't done night feeds or bolus in months because Alyssa was starting to eat more. Which I was happy with because I found night feeds and bolus to be counter productive in Alyssa's case. Yes she was getting the calories but she was becoming dependent on her tube again.

The Gastro today, looked her over and said that since she has gained 2 lbs in the 3 weeks we've been down here that I am to weigh her once a week. If there is a loss then we talk about night feeds, if she continues to gain when we go back in 4 months we can discuss g-tube removal!!!!