Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Volunteers Needed!!!

Volunteers Needed!!!

If you are interested in volunteering for CHERUBS, please visit www.cherubs-cdh.org and go to the Volunteer Tab for more information or send an email to Tracy Meats and Josh Hensley (Volunteer Co-Coordinators) at volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org.

The following states we do not have a representative and we need one!!
    Alaska
    Arkansas
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Hawaii
    Idaho
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Maine
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    Montana
    Nebraska
    New Hampshire
    New Mexico
    New York
    Oklahoma
    Rhode Island
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

The following states could use some more help!
    Alabama
    California
    Colorado
    Illinois
    Massachusetts
    Mississippi
    Ohio
    Texas
    Wisconsin

We are also in need of help internationally too! To name a few, Canada and South Africa.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

What about sending an email to each state's members letting them know about open positions within their state? Maybe that will help too.
    Felecia Marie Woodruff- CHERUBS Volunteer
    Pennsylvania State Representative, Awareness Committee Leader, Parent Advisory Board Member

Daughter, Hayden, DOB October 8th, 2009. CHERUB SURVIVOR son, Bryson, DOB July 30th, 2012 born at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
    21 Days ECMO, 6 Days Oscillator Ventilator, Day 32 CDH Surgery, Day 35 Got to hold him for the 1st time, 25 Days Conventional Ventilator plus 21 Days while on ECMO, 4 Days CPAP, 17 Days Nasal Cannulas, Day 90 Came Home from the NICU
    Bryson's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/brysonsbattleprayerpage
    My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/felecia.woodruff
    Email: fwoodruff@cherubs-cdh.org | awareness@cherubs-cdh.org

We did that awhile back. Can't hurt to try again. I know I had several states that I sent emails to with almost zero response.
    Last edited by KarlaHolt; 12-30-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Add Washington to the states that need more help!

Christina does a fantastic job but her numbers have skyrocketed & she REALLY could use a 2nd or 3rd set of hands!

Shelly Moore
    Shelly Moore
    CHERUBS Oregon Representative and Oregon Hospital Angel
    CHERUBS Prayer Committee Member
    CHERUBS Parental Advisory Board Member (2013-2015)
    Email: oregon@cherubs-cdh.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Teckiemom

Grandmother to cherub angel Jayden, the only son to my born to youngest daughter, Alicia.

Jayden was diagnosed with CDH at his 17 week ultrasound with severe LCDH, stomach, intestines up as well as having polycystic kidneys. He was born February 19, 2010 at 36 weeks gestation.

Jayden spent 7 days on ECMO after which he was working on gaining strength for surgery when his polycystic kidneys started failing at about day 15, totally failing by day 19.

Jayden spent 4 days on dialysis before gaining his wings on March 14, 2010 at age 23 days.

Remembering Jayden - A Family's Journey in Coping with Loss to CDH
    http://rememberingjayden.blogspot.com/

Jayden's CDH Story 2/19/10 - 3/14/10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKsAsMS_ZA

It is so hard to find good volunteers too! So many sign-up, but don't follow through. Last year, Karla, Karen and I split up states and sent out tons of emails asking for help, but like Karla said, some states we heard nothing. I need to go revisit our interest list and make contact with those people again. Maybe life has made it easier for them to step up now versus then.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Didn't realize we had so many states without reps. Wow!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

I say keep trying. You never know one of these times we may be able to grab someone. Maybe send out this reminder once every 2 or 3 months. It can't hurt.
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

I had a lady on my Facebook who was interested in being the rep for WV. Wonder if she ever got her paperwork in? I'll check back with her this week!

Lauren - Can you send the name of the person to Tracy Meats at: volunteer@cherubs-cdh.org so she can look into it?

Thank you
    Freedom
    Mom to Kylee Freedom Green. 10/04/00 - 10/05/00. 3lbs 14 ozs. Born at 35 weeks via emergency cesarean due to massive polyhydramnios that was restricting Kylee’s growth. She had LSCDH Her stomach, chest, and small portions of her liver, had breached into the upper-chest. Kylee had other congenital anomalies including: multiple heart-defects, two-vessel cord, Trisomy-18, as well as an AV canal defect. After much research, we chose to deliver at St. Luke’s Episcopal Hospital in Houston, TX . As soon as they delivered her she was immediately transferred to the NICU/Neo-Natal team right at the adjoining Texas Children’s Hospital. Also mom to Trey ( 9 ), Skyla ( , Chloe ( 6 ) & Elodie ( 3 )

I was thinking about Honery this week Lauren too...need to check in with her and see.