Stay Connected

Thread: How to doante

How to doante

How would I go about sending items that are needed for the tote bags.

I only wish I knew about this site earlier so I could have recieved one. I would love to help bless other familes.
    I am blessed to be a 38 year old SHM. I have a 15 and 12 year old boys from my first marraige, I have 11 and 5 year old step children. We had our little cherub Oct 31, 2013. She was undiagnosed but has beaten all the odds. We were only in the NICU for 17 days!

Items for the totebags, you can mail them here:
    CHERUBS
    3650 Rogers Road, Suite #290
    Wake Forest, NC USA 27587

Please include a note with the items with your name and that you are donating in honor of your baby girl. We will label the items in the office or some do their own labels.

These totebags bring so much comfort to families. We currently send them out to all members within the states and Canada that are expecting or in the NICU when joining. Our UK reps. send out their own over there in the UK and you can email them at uk@cherubs-cdh.org for their mailing address.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thanks,

What items do you put in the tote bags?
    I am blessed to be a 38 year old SHM. I have a 15 and 12 year old boys from my first marraige, I have 11 and 5 year old step children. We had our little cherub Oct 31, 2013. She was undiagnosed but has beaten all the odds. We were only in the NICU for 17 days!

We put in CDH awareness items and information and a CDH baby book. You can download the baby book here as well, http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/images/pd...baby-book.pdf/

Everything comes in a cherubs totebag. What else inside varies and it depends on what we have on hand at the time we send things out.

Here is our basic wishlist:

* Baby Blankets or Quilts
    * CDH Baby Books (purchased through our site at cost or printed and put together in 3 ring binders)
    * Pacifiers (newborn or preemie)
    * Teddy Bears
    * Button up newborn t-shirts
    * Journals
    * Baby booties
    * Baby hats
    * Baby pillows
    * Disposable cameras
    * Handprint & Footprint Kits
    * Baby's first haircut holders
    * Soft picture frame (for hospital crib)
    * Hand lotion
    * Hand sanitizer
    * Chapsticks
    * Travel Tissue Packs
    * Pens
    * Gas Cards
    * Restaurant Gift Cards
    * Small angel wings
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Tracy, the link for the baby book is not coming up for me, but I did get it here...

http://www.cherubs-cdh.org/images/pdf/cdh-baby-book.pdf

Shelly Moore
    Last edited by ShellyMoore; 04-03-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Shelly Moore
    CHERUBS Oregon Representative and Oregon Hospital Angel
    CHERUBS Prayer Committee Member
    CHERUBS Parental Advisory Board Member (2013-2015)
    Email: oregon@cherubs-cdh.org
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Teckiemom

Grandmother to cherub angel Jayden, the only son to my born to youngest daughter, Alicia.

Jayden was diagnosed with CDH at his 17 week ultrasound with severe LCDH, stomach, intestines up as well as having polycystic kidneys. He was born February 19, 2010 at 36 weeks gestation.

Jayden spent 7 days on ECMO after which he was working on gaining strength for surgery when his polycystic kidneys started failing at about day 15, totally failing by day 19.

Jayden spent 4 days on dialysis before gaining his wings on March 14, 2010 at age 23 days.

Remembering Jayden - A Family's Journey in Coping with Loss to CDH
    http://rememberingjayden.blogspot.com/

Jayden's CDH Story 2/19/10 - 3/14/10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKsAsMS_ZA

Thank you Shelly, sorry about the bad link.