Stay Connected

Thread: Please Read Before You Post

Please Read Before You Post

Here we post stories that have been published already in our newsletter, The Silver Lining, and stories parents are posting here.

You can post replies to stories already here - this includes updates to your cherub's story if it is already posted in this forum.

PLEASE title it by your cherub's Last Name, First Name. It helps keep us organized.

You can add photos to your stories as well.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Hi Dawn. I could not find my sons story. What should I do?
    http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/t...bonsmall-1.jpg http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...las/img253.jpg JM having a bath- favorite time of the day !!! Marilu- mom to Gael 10 years old, Derick 4 years old and my cherub Juan in a Million diagnosed in utero @ 18 weeks with LCDH. Born at 38 weeks- repair day 12- 2/3 of diaphram missing (in two sections) part of the bowels and liver in chest cavity. Oscillator 8 days- vent 14 days- extubated day 22- 1st full bottle day 28- chest tube for 21 days- Home day 42!!!! NOW 6 YEARS OLD And still doing miracles, Loves karate classes. -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Hi Marilu!

It is good to hear from you! We need an update on Juan!

Do you remember sending in your story? You can post your son's story here on the forums by last name, first name here in this section. Or you can email it in to the CPAB at cpab@cherubs-cdh.org and we can get it to the right person.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Or you can mail your cherub's name, date(s), 1 photo and story to dawn.m.williamson@gmail.com.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thanks Tracy. I thought I did send one. But will start working on a new one as soon as I can. I really hope I can remember all the details 😛. Thanks again!