Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Miles for Sammy!

1000 Miles for Sammy!

My husband and I are starting a fundraiser! I'm going to start sending the link out to all my family and friends tonight. We are going to complete a total of 1000 miles for Sammy, and we are asking people to donate to CHERUBS in support! Here's the fundraising page I created:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraise...rsammy/cherubs

I loved doing all sorts of physical activity when I was pregnant with Sam. Now that he's gone, being on the road on a run or bike has been very healing for me. So I think this fundraiser will be a great way to celebrate Sammy's life and help us move forward, not to mention, CHERUBS will get more support!

I think I'd like to culminate the 1000 miles by holding a 5k so that others can join us as we finish our miles. Has anyone ever done that before? If so, I'd love some advice!
    Monica- Mom of Sammy 8/20/14-9/1/14. Sammy is our first child. LCDH diagnosed at 19 weeks. ECMO, dialysis, EEG, two circuit changes for ECMO. Sammy was surrounded by family and knew he was loved. He looked exactly like my husband! Missing my little Sammy every day.

What a neat idea to celebrate Sammy's life and to do in his memory. I am sure he will be with you and your husband in spirit, every mile you complete.

We do have a fundraising coordinator who would be happy to help too. If you want her to help set up an eventpage on our facebook page, she can do that for you and help put the word out too. Her name is Karla Holt and she can be reached at fundraising@cherubs-cdh.org. If you are planning on donating the money to CHERUBS, you can choose how you want the money to be used or spent too, for we have various areas that families donate too.

We will be cheering you and your husband on from afar....love your idea!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Thanks Tracy! Of course I want the money to go to CHERUBS! I emailed Karla before I started the fundraiser. She was the one that recommended the firstgiving webpage--it's so easy, you just let them know who you're raising money for and the donations go there! I will definitely contact her about the Facebook page though! Great idea!

So far I've already raised almost $600. My goal is $3000 and I'm pretty sure we'll get there!
    Monica- Mom of Sammy 8/20/14-9/1/14. Sammy is our first child. LCDH diagnosed at 19 weeks. ECMO, dialysis, EEG, two circuit changes for ECMO. Sammy was surrounded by family and knew he was loved. He looked exactly like my husband! Missing my little Sammy every day.

You are doing awesome, already making progress towards your goal!!!
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

WTG Monica!
    Felecia Marie Woodruff- CHERUBS Volunteer
    Pennsylvania State Representative, Awareness Committee Leader, Parent Advisory Board Member

Daughter, Hayden, DOB October 8th, 2009. CHERUB SURVIVOR son, Bryson, DOB July 30th, 2012 born at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
    21 Days ECMO, 6 Days Oscillator Ventilator, Day 32 CDH Surgery, Day 35 Got to hold him for the 1st time, 25 Days Conventional Ventilator plus 21 Days while on ECMO, 4 Days CPAP, 17 Days Nasal Cannulas, Day 90 Came Home from the NICU
    Bryson's Facebook page: www.facebook.com/brysonsbattleprayerpage
    My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/felecia.woodruff
    Email: fwoodruff@cherubs-cdh.org | awareness@cherubs-cdh.org

Amazing!! Way to go!
    Mom to Brooke-3/22/04- Braden-3/13/08-RCDH diagnosed at birth- treated at CHOP- CDH repair at 1 day old- home on day 12- Orchiopexy for undescended testicle (4/13/09)- Myringotomy with tubes bilateral (ear tube surgery-7/6/10)
    North Carolina State Co-Rep http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...bon-braden.jpg Braden's video http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...edium=text_url

Great idea Monica!
    Amanda Mother of Liz born 09/09/2002 with LCDH,Emily 05/27/2005. Liz was diagnosed at 12 weeks in uetro 90 percent of left diaphragm missing. Gortex patch put in at 3 days old. Ever abdominal organ other then kidneys herniated. Born at 38 weeks, 6 lbs 11oz. Born in Hamilton ON. Hospitalized for 6 weeks. Rehirniated at age 6 and 3 surgeries age 10 almost lost my Cherub again. Duplication cysts on her stomach. Reflux and on going GI issues.

What a wonderful way to honour your son. We are cheering you on!

Already up to $900 and 89.5 miles!

That is wonderful!!! Sammy is with you each mile you go, cheering you on too....(((HUGS))).