Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baby George

Baby George

Baby George was diagnosed with left sided CDH on November 12, 2015 at my 20 week sonogram. He had his intestines, liver and stomach in his chest cavity and had little to no lung tissue developed. His heard was pushed over against his chest cavity and was being crushed from the other organs. At 21 weeks, November 19, he past away and I delivered him on November 20, 2016. My sweet little boy is now an angel in heaven with all the other CDH angels.

(((HUGS))) Connie. I am so very sorry for your loss of baby George. We are always here for you.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org

Connie I am so sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))
    Laura Henderson
    Missouri State Representative
    Mom to Lucie, LCDH survivor

https://paintnite.com/events/1080278.html
    My paint nite is now posted to help support CDH.

That is neat Connie. Please make sure to work with Nicolle Colvin in fundraising too, we can get you an event page set up on Facebook and linked to this link and share within our groups and pages and get it put on our calendar of events. fundraising@cherubs.org is her email.
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.

Great news! I am old sold out! I have a waiting list now too of 5 people...I sold 42 tickets! I am so excited. Nicolle helped me advertise on facebook, thanks Tracy.
    I will let you know how it goes after the event. I might make this an annual event now. Next year, I am hoping to do it on CDH awareness day (April 19) to make it all that much more meaningful.

That is wonderful Connie! You are going to have a great paint nite! They are the craze right now here in my small town and I have yet to go to one yet. Would love to hear how it goes.

What a precious thing to do in your son's memory.

So sorry for your loss! prayers of comfort for you & your family.
    Paint night is a great fundraiser idea!
    Lizz Griffin
    40-something CDH survivor, had repair surgery at 4 hours old, no further complications. Youngest of 3. Granddaughter of CDH survivor who was diagnosed at age 90. Mom of 3 beautiful, healthy girls.

Connie I am so sorry for your loss. Doing a fundraiser in memory of George is such a wonderful idea, selling out your first year is fantastic!
    Amanda Mother of Liz born 09/09/2002 with LCDH,Emily 05/27/2005. Liz was diagnosed at 12 weeks in uetro 90 percent of left diaphragm missing. Gortex patch put in at 3 days old. Ever abdominal organ other then kidneys herniated. Born at 38 weeks, 6 lbs 11oz. Born in Hamilton ON. Hospitalized for 6 weeks. Rehirniated at age 6 and 3 surgeries age 10 almost lost my Cherub again. Duplication cysts on her stomach. Reflux and on going GI issues.

Connie I am so sorry for you loss, but how therapeutic to paint and raise money for CHERUBS, sending you big hugs! WTG on selling out btw!
    Nicolle Colvin Mommy to Kasey James 11.16.08-12.19.08 Colorado Representative colorado.cherubs@gmail.com http://cherubscolorado.blogspot.com/