Stay Connected

Thread: Hey! Momma to Baby Sloane.

Hey! Momma to Baby Sloane.

I just wanted to say hello to all of you and give you a brief intro to myself and my family.

I learned about CDH at about 11 pm on April 24, 2018 in the chaos of the delivery room. Sloane is our 5th baby and she had so many people waiting for her arrival. Somehow, she escaped a CDH diagnosis at our 20 week ultrasound (doctor went back afterward and said diaphragm was still intact at that point). Her growth and heart rates were amazing through pregnancy and labor. She ended up being my second biggest baby, only 2 ounces smaller than her brother. She fought and the hospital staff fought hard for her for almost 7 hours, but ultimately she gained her wings before the transport team could stabilize her to transfer.

It's been a long journey for us, but we are surrounded my so much support and love.

Hello! I am so sorry for your loss of Sloane. Please join us over on our support groups on FB if you have not done so already. The forums here don't get much traffic anymore, I wish they did. We created the FB support groups to keep up with the trend of social media. I wish more families used the boards like they did early 2000's. So much love and support in older threads.

We are here for you. (((HUGS)))
    Tracy - mom to Ian, LCDH diagnosed at birth, 4/3/04. Ian was born at 36 weeks, spent 53 1/2 days in NICU, 7 days on ECMO, surgery was on day 5, 29 days on a vent, 23 days was an oscillating vent, 546 days on oxygen. Inguinal right and left hernias and undescended left testicle surgeries were done on day 48. Currently has heart related medical issues and exercise induced asthma, but is one happy, happy boy!! Also mom to Cole - 13, Shane - 9, and Toby - 4. CHERUBS Parent Advisory Board Member and Co-Chair, Volunteer Co-Coordinator, and Wyoming State Representative.
    email: tmeats@cherubs-cdh.org