Stay Connected

Thread: Adult CDH Survivor currently 19 weeks pregnant

Adult CDH Survivor currently 19 weeks pregnant

Hello everyone. My name is Felicia and I am currently 19 weeks pregnant at age 36 with my first child. I’ve had 3 repairs on my CDH (two within first year of life, one at age 30). Last surgeon said I’d very likely need another repair within 10 years. I was wondering a few things:
    -Of those survivors who have been able to have children, were there any complications?
    -Was there concern with the strain pregnancy and vaginal birth could put on the diaphragm?
    Did they automatically scheduled a C-section?
    -How many survivors went on to have children who also had CDH?

I would absolutely appreciate any feedback or guidance, as well as reassurance. I will be meeting with the high risk/maternal fetal team next week.

*As I also have Atrial Septal Defect that was found and repaired late in life (age twenty eight), and have a rather large closure device, they will also be monitoring for that. Curious how many CDH survivors here also have heart defects...?

Thank you so much in advance.
    Praying you are all healthy and safe.
    Felicia
    Last edited by FeliciaP; 12-08-2020 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Shorten title

Hi Felicia
    This is a little late but i'm an adult CDH survivor with two repairs at birth and a few intestinal obstructions in my 20s and 30s who had two difficult/traumatic births at 32 and 35. I hope everything worked out and if you ever want to talk CDH and motherhood, I'd love to!
    Anya