Stay Connected

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS Angel Ball

CHERUBS Angel Ball

Planning is underway! Set for February, 2008. White dresses (wedding dresses encouraged), around Valentine's Day, great music, dancing among the "clouds" (fog), silent auction, much more!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Update on plans for our Angel Ball...

- We have sponsors for music and desert!
    - A sorority has volunteered to help out!

Please contact me if you would like to help.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I spent the better part of this morning talking to an event planner. She happens to be one of my work clients and is helping us to plan this ball. This ball is going to be huge... not sure what I've gotten myself info here! We still don't have a date yet. Sometime late spring or early summer. It will be black tie and women will be able to wear their wedding dresses again. I will also try to work out a discount with a local hotel for those of you that are coming from out of town to attend. A few ideas floating around about this ball....

- Black tie with white highly encouraged
    - 200 to 300 people
    - A band - we have several leads on some big names
    - Dance Floor
    - Silent Auction
    - Celebrity guests
    - Angel Ball sponsors will be able to arrive early and mingle with the celebrities
    - Catered it will be $100 per couple
    - Non-catered about $50 per couple
    - CHERUBS members will receive a discount - especially if we put you to work volunteering at the event!

So far we have an event planner, 2 disc jockeys, 2 photographers, cake decorator and sorority who have volunteered.

We will try to plan the Angel Ball and the Golf Tournament on the same week. Maybe we should just have the CHERUBS Conference here in Raleigh and combine it all.

As soon as I have more info I will post it!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Blog Entries
    Late spring or early summer would work well for those of us who are hibernating. My sister lives in the Raleigh area so that would be very convenient for me. I was already planning on making a trip there this spring or summer.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

The ball sounds fantastic.
    Wear my wedding dress-it wouldn't fit me if I tried!!!!HA HA
    No kids right?? What are other families going to do with their kids?
    I could leave my oldest three here-but as for Shelby- I wouldn't leave her, actually couldn't leave her.
    Will eveyone's husbands come? Will anyone go without there spouse?
    I am just trying to figure this out-it sounds to beautiful to miss.
    How do you become an Angel Ball sponsor?
    Stephanie
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Kara, it would be great to see you and Chuck there!

Stephanie, we honestly haven't thought far ahead enough about the kids. Let me work on that, maybe we can convince a local nursing company to volunteer to sit the cherubs that night.

We're still working out the sponsorship stuff too.

I should have more details next week hopefully. I plan to go knock on some doors and do some sponsor begging.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I am all excited about this Angel Ball.
    I would be willing to come a couple days earlier and help with anything you need. I mean anything!!!LOL
    About the babysitting-that would rock if we could get a nursing company to volunteer. I know that Shelby would have to come with us.
    I have an idea-i know the ball is about the parents-but maybe like for an hour-families that bring their CDH babies/children-could we have an hour to meet them? Have kid friendly food and just talk and mingle-then have the babies/kids leave and time for adults. I know this would cost extra-you had written about the sponsorship stuff-I will look for more details to come.
    You wrote about the CHERUBS conference-being around the same time-I think that idea is great. Families could do all the events and the time of year is great-like Kara stated-isolation will be at an end!!!
    Stephanie(Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    I think this is a great idea! If it is in the summer I would probably be able to find a way down there! Hmmm, dig out my wedding dress-it has only been 3 1/2 years but 2 pregnancies later so Im not so sure I could squeeze back into it, of course that could be my goal after having Makayla
    Corin New England State Rep [img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/1-3.jpg[/img] [url]www.gabriel-nava.virtual-memorials.com[/url] Gabriels website [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66S-vt5sI8[/url] Gabriels Video [url]http://corinscrazylife.blogspot.com/[/url] My Blog [url]http://newenglandcherubs.wordpress.com[/url] New England Blog

Blog Entries
    Yeah, um, I don't think my badunkadunk would fit well in my wedding dress either. I'm not just a little off, but 20 pounds heavier than my wedding day. I also paid a couple hundred to have my dress preserved. I have no intentions of getting it out of the box. I'm pretty sure I could find another suitable white gown.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Kara,

I did that. too. My dress was cleaned and stuffed in an airtight box.
    Maybe when Alyssa is getting married I'll think about getting it
    out. Since she is only 7. That should be quite some time from
    now!!! LOL

Kim Richards
    mom to Olivia 08/31/02-09/19/02