Stay Connected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some Interesting CDH Statistics and Listserv Flashbacks

You know it is crazy that more people don't know about CDH. When I found out I was sent to a high risk dr 2 hours away from my house well I went into labor early and that dr stopped my laber and sent me home at 2am by 6:30am they were back at 7 every 3 mins I made it to the local hospital 30 mins from the house she was born by c section. The dr's there could not handle this case the hospital just was not able to handle serious birth defect like this so she was sent to a different hospital cause the one that I was suppose to deliver at the ones that sent me home in labor would not take her so she was off to Carolina's Medical Center ( for all you NC folks ) We find out that this hospital that has her now is the best in NC and has seen tons of babies with CDH the other just a few.

I say if you know what you are going into check out all of these things. I thought this was rare but the dr's there say it happens more often then you think more often then what other dr's will tell you and that is probably cause they do not see many of these babies. And as far as the odds it is also way wrong for Celeste she just had her surgery last Wednesday and they found out everything was in her chest and it had been moving in and out. They did an x ray the next day thinking she didn't really have a left lung to find out that she has almost 80% of that lung. So do not put much stock in what they say cause sometimes they can be wrong.

BTW Celeste is doing great everything is back to where it should be she has this thing called a wound vac over the sponge that in in her wound to help with the drainage but the one thing I do not get is why would they give her methadone I don't think I spelled that right but you guys know what I am getting at.

Love the site can't get enough of it and it helps keep my mind off Celeste so that I do not worry so much. I am going to talk to her team that is what I call them now and see if they can get on and post some new info and goodies like that for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Hi Dawn,

I just want to say a HUGE thank to you not only from myself but from all of our Australian members. You have been an amazing support to us as we have been in the process of creating CHERUBS Australia and becoming an officially recognised group in it's own right.

I can remember how nervous I was writing to you and telling you our plans. I wasn't sure how you would react knowing that we wanted to start our own group while still maintaining strong ties to the US group. Don't know why I was worried. You being the wonderful person you are showed TOTAL support - to the point of offering us any of your documents to use as a basis for ours. You were so happy for us and excited about our plans. Things have certainly moved slowly for our group at times but we could never have achieved what we have without your guidance, support and help. CHERUBS has been the basis for so much of what we have done - so THANK YOU a million times over. I am sure CHERUBS UK feel the same way!
    Danielle- mum of Alyssa 21-22/05/92 L-CDH diagnosed at birth

Thank you all for your support!

Dawnn - so glad you're here! And so glad we could help. I wish all CDH parents had the knowledge that they need. We'll keep working at it!

Jennifer - Welcome, welcome!!! I hope to see you at the Angel Ball in July since you're in NC too!

Danielle - ((((((((hugs)))))))) I am so proud of you and Kevin and Brenda Lane, our UK Reps!!! How could I not encourage another group who wants to help CDH parents? Any group whose intentions are solely to help CDH parents and to do good has 100% of our support!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.