Stay Connected

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: CDH Awareness Jewelry?

Great minds think alike.
    I had asked Dawn about these and she said, well I don't remember what she said. Dawn, do you remember this discussion?
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I know we talked about them on boh way back when. But nothing ever materialized from it.
    I like the idea but just wonder how outdated it is.
    I'm a glitter girl Kara!!!!

Blog Entries
    I haven't a clue as to if they're outdated or not, but in my region of the country they are worn not by adults but by kids in the 6-14 year old range. Whenever I see one, I think about kids.

Maybe that's a whole nother idea . . . . . a few months back someone on here was talking about having CDH fashions for the pre-teen and teenagers. Was that you, Lise? Would these bracelets go well in that category?
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Probably....Was it that long ago? Where'd I put my memory pills???

Hey kara, can you email me at my home?
    dill6@cox.net

I thought a lot of people wore them? I know a lot of guys I work with do. Then again . . . kids, men, is there a difference?

I know teenagers where them. If we got a tie die of all colors, I am sure they would. I think these will reach people who may not like to be glitzy, plus ther are cheap cheap cheap 2, 3, 4 bucks max?

Nothing ever hurts to try I guess! Any one mind if I look into it for poops and giggles?

Kara - teenager stuff was Dawn and Lise a couple weeks ago I think . . . talking about clothes?
    Mommy to Shannon Elizabeth (01/16/07-01/19/07 LCDH and HLHS) Peanut Shelbe (miscarried 9/23/07 @ 8 weeks- due 4/10/08 ) Gracie Kathleen & Lily Anne (8/28/08 Blessings from their big sisters!) Shannon's Website! [url]www.shannonelizabeth.virtual-memorials.com[/url]

I would be interested in these. Yes-please do get the information and let us know.
    I know kids and men and women would wear these.
    Even at the two hospitals we go to- they sell them in their gift shops.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Blog Entries
    Isn't that funny how styles vary across the country? I betcha less than 5% of the population in my area wears them. They were really big about 3-4 years ago with the kids, but still the adults never wore them. Too tacky for them, I guess. It's so much more cool to expose your underwear

As for me, I haven't worn a bracelet since 1990. . . . . . I'm such a minimalist with jewelry.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Blog Entries
    Kate, can you come up with any keychain awareness idea?

Good question Kara.
    I love the 2 keychains I have. It took me months to find just the ones I wanted and this would be one I would want. Remember Dawn had said something about Zazzle.com? I am going to re-look at it.

Just looking under CDH awareness keychains at zazzle.com and there was none. I believe Dawn had stated this.
    This would be awesome.
    I did see boh stamps. They were nice.
    Are we still interested in the stamps?