Stay Connected

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: CHERUBS Web Page Header Photos

Rebecca is near the middle between the elf and the snowman. She is the one with tubes in both nose holes - poor baby. It may sound horrible, but I am thankful that she doesn't have to suffer anymore. She fought so hard those 4 weeks of her life!

Oh, Stephanie. I am sorry that Shelby is so scared of doctors. My oldest has the same problem. She had a bad experience as a toddler and she screamed for years. She still tenses up even now that she is 12. I hope that doesn't scare you. Maybe you could make an appointment with your doctor just to give Shelby a positive experience, let the doctor play with her or maybe even meet outside of the office. Many doctors would be willing to do that if it would make their job easier in the long run.

Hugs from Germany,
    Crista

Blog Entries
    Adam freaks out when he sees a doctor, except for his surgeon. He gets all giggly when he sees him. The rest of them, all they have to do is walk in the room and he screams. He's pretty ok with nurses, though. Which is weird cause I think they're the bad guys cause they're the ones that start IV's, give shots, take temperatures, etc.

You know what really makes Adam stormin mad. . . . . . . touching his face. Ever since he had those tubes down his throat and up his nose he will not let anyone touch is face without a fight. Even if its to wipe cereal off his chin.

As far as me, I make Chuck go into the testing rooms so I don't have to deal with watching Adam's pain. It's tough sitting on the outside, but not as tough as being on the inside.
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Is that your husband next to her???

The guy next to Rebecca is an 18-yr-old CDH survivor, Ross Vosburg.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

He would be a little young to be my husband, considering we have been married for almost 14 years

An 18 year old survivor! I would love to hear his story!

Hugs from Germany,
    Crista

oops, sorry didn't realize he was so young!!!
    I agree, what's his story.

I think his story is under the stories section. He's in NC so hopefully he'll be at the conference. I met his mom, she's a doll. Gotta get her active on the site here!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

I would love to hear Ross Vosburg's story also. That is wonderful!!!!!

Crista - great idea about taking Shelby to a doc and having him just play with her. I know our ped doc here would have no problem doing this.
    I'm calling him Monday.
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I will be keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for Shelby!!

Hugs from Germany,
    Crista

Stephanie, wonderful news about Shelby.

Ladies, Liam isn't too bad about going to see his doctors BUT his big sister Chelsea-Rose - 8 1/2 is so frightened by the whole medical profession that we call them prior to the appointment with a scream warning.
    She freaks out whenever anyone is sick... something Liam can do quite often.
    I'm wondering how other Cherubs siblings have gone on??

Liam also dislikes his face being touched and goes mental if you touch his feet, clipping his toes is 2 man job!
    Sharon - mum to Liam - 30/04/03 RCDH- 2 CDH repairs- Vent: 22 days- oxygen: 315 days- ectopic right kidney- NG Tube: 3 years & 7 months Chelsea-Rose - 08/03/99 Co-Rep for Australia - sknott@cherubs-cdh.org http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/k...nLiamsmall.jpg