Stay Connected

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CDH Awareness Ribbon Magnets

CDH Awareness Ribbon Magnets

Hi Everyone,

I found a company who will create the magnets for us very cheaply with just a minimum of 20, which can be ordered by more than one person (meaning when 4 or 5 people order a combined total of 20 or more he'll print them up). They are willing to donate a page on their site to CDH awareness and CHERUBS members.

Now... do you all want to do this? If so, what will the ribbon look like? Let's please do something different so our ribbon won't be confused with any of the other 500 different organization ribbons out there. And something that we can create regular ribbons to wear also. If we're going to do this, let's be *original*!

Dawn
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Sample

Very quick rough draft of an idea. On the top part we could use a Sharpie marker and put our cherub's names like "In memory of Shane Torrence" or whatever each person wants.

Just an idea! I'm not deciding this on my own, we need your input!
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Blog Entries
    I like it, I would definitely be interested in purchasing some. Do you have a price for these yet? How is the ordering going to work?
    Corin New England State Rep [img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u312/GabrielMommy1118/1-3.jpg[/img] [url]www.gabriel-nava.virtual-memorials.com[/url] Gabriels website [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N66S-vt5sI8[/url] Gabriels Video [url]http://corinscrazylife.blogspot.com/[/url] My Blog [url]http://newenglandcherubs.wordpress.com[/url] New England Blog

Standard, 8" x 4" $7.99 each
    Mega, 16" x 8" $24.99 each

Bulk:
    Custom Ribbon Magnets
    Regular size, 8" x 4"
    Qty. Price Per
    1 - 4 $7.99
    5 - 9 $7.39
    10 - 19 $5.99
    20 - 49 $5.36
    50 - 124 $4.56
    125 - 249 $3.98
    250 - 499 $3.52
    500+ $3.30

Bulk
    Custom Ribbon Magnets
    Mega size, 16" x 8"
    Qty. Price Per
    1 - 4 $24.99
    5 - 9 $21.99
    10 - 24 $18.99
    25+ $16.99

This is all directly from the manufacturer, no discount (working on that!) and CHERUBS doesn't receive a cent but that's ok if it raises awareness!

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I would definately like to get one!!
    Mommy to Haylee 01/26/2004 and My cherub Asher 07/04/2007- LCDH discovered at 18 weeks- medical termination at 24 weeks. Hypoplastic left lung and right jaw- pulmonary hypertension- Secundum type ASD- left liver lobe- stomach- appendix- and small bowel herniated www.freewebs.com/babyasher Ashers webpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxS8F4dkHjE Ashers video montage

awarenwss ribbon color

Hi, I am new to Cherubs, but very recently did some research on the awareness ribbon color for CDH and it is blue (a medium/royal blue). (I just got a tattoo with this ribbon so I wanted to be sure.) I think some personaliztion would be a great idea but the background or base color should be this blue in my opinion. Just some input §: )

where did you find that? I have been trying to find out but eventually gave up deciding there wasnt one!! I wanted to get it incorporated into my memorial tattoo for my son...but I guess it will just have to be my next one
    Mommy to Haylee 01/26/2004 and My cherub Asher 07/04/2007- LCDH discovered at 18 weeks- medical termination at 24 weeks. Hypoplastic left lung and right jaw- pulmonary hypertension- Secundum type ASD- left liver lobe- stomach- appendix- and small bowel herniated www.freewebs.com/babyasher Ashers webpage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxS8F4dkHjE Ashers video montage

Hi Lori,

That medium, turquoise blue is used by about 7 other causes / organizations as well and it's not an "official CDH awareness" color, it's just a color chosen by a smaller group. There is no official color, or trademarked ribbon color for CDH. Turquoise happens to also be the ribbon for Native American Awareness. I'm half Cherokee so I personally don't want to infringe on another group's awareness ribbon color.

We are looking for something different, more original, that won't be confused with any other diseases or causes. I'm not set on the baby blue with the clouds and the cherub, it's just an idea.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I am also interested.
    I think the one in the picture is fantastic.
    Please keep me updated!
    Thanks
    Stephanie(Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)

I found this on wikipedia:

"Awareness ribbons are short pieces of ribbon folded into a loop, or representations of such, which are used in the United States, Canada, Australia, UK and other parts of the world as a way for the wearer to make a subtle statement of support for a cause or issue.

The meaning behind the awareness ribbon depends on its color. Many groups have adopted ribbons as symbols of support or awareness, and as a result, many causes often share each color. Some causes may also be represented by more than one color. Red or teal may represent substance abuse, and purple or white may represent Alzheimer's disease.

Awareness ribbons are frequently pinned to clothing or tied around objects such as car antennas. When a more pronounced statement is being made, larger ribbons may be tied around objects such as trees and poles. Representations of awareness ribbons may also take the form of stickers, bumper stickers or magnets and are frequently affixed to vehicles. The concept of an awareness ribbon as a vehicle adornment was made largely popular after the success of the yellow 'Support Our Troops' ribbon magnet produced by Magnet America in King, NC.

Ribbons have also been used as a symbol of mourning. For example, many wore black ribbons after the Virginia Tech massacre."

My personal opinion would be for one side to be pink w/clouds and the other side to be baby blue w/clouds. I would leave off the cherub graphic, and instead of stating what the ribbon is, let the ribbon speak for itself, with simply the word CHERUBS and the website address. This would make it unique and specific to our cause of supporting parents, not only the awareness aspect. We are a support group, so lets raise the awareness not only of the birth defect that brought us together, but the fact that we are a group giving support to parents in need. This will set us apart from other awareness groups and their respective colors.