Stay Connected

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CDH Awareness Ribbon Magnets

I don't remember where I found it but I had searched for a long time to determine the color of my ribbons and causes. I decided with the information and pictures I found - and actually when I looked at my tattoo under the light it is more of a tourquoise blue. I have red for heart disease, green for kidne disease, gray for diabetes and the blue/turqoiuse for Isabella's CDH. I gave a picture of the colors I found to my artist and he matched them.
    I agree with your intention of not wanting to infringe on another group's awareness color, but in my research there are only so many colors in the spectrum and each color I found represented more than one cause. I would just like to see some uniformity. Since this seems to be unofficial, but the common CDH color so far, I decided to go with it. Either way, I know that the color on my ribbon stands for my grand daughter in my eyes. If it is determined officially to be another, I will just add it to mine - I'm flexible and just want to join in the support and awareness of these causes that are effecting so many families and lives §: )

I'm glad you're flexible, Lori, so are we.

We'd love to see some uniformity too and with our 2000 members that should be pretty uniform. Uniformity in our logo of the cherubs, our name CHERUBS, a cherub on the ribbon.... and cherubs because 50% of these babies don't survive. I'm all for uniformity!

There is no "official" color for any group's ribbon, just what the most people agree on and recognize. With so many of us, we can decide the color, but who wants a plain ole boring color? We are more creative than that! Our cherubs are special and so our ribbons should be too.

Your tattoos sound really neat, do you have photos? Not many grandmothers get tattoos and I don't think I've ever heard of any one having more than one ribbon tattoo. Please make sure to post in the Intro section too and tell us more about Isabella.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Dawn, I'm in for the ribbons. I, too, like the one in the pic.

Kim

I love the ribbon Dawn suggested. I would love to give the magnets as Christmas gifts.

Ok, let's set up a poll (if I can figure out how to do it). Suggestions so far are:

- Baby blue with clouds and cherub
    - Baby blue and pink with clouds and CHERUBS written on it
    - Turquoise

Am I forgetting anything? Any other suggestions?
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

I like a combination of the suggestions. I think the color combo of pink and blue with clouds sounds great and I think the wording that Dawn put on the ribbon she designed would be wonderful. The reason I say that is because upon getting our diagnosis I felt like we were all alone in the world and if I would have seen the same words that we were told (CHD), it may have been comforting to know we were not alone. It was quite a few days before I actually learned of this support group and still I felt alone because no one I knew had heard of CDH. There was something on our local news recently about CDH and I found out at a greif recovery group when I was sharing Abbie's story and someone else had seen the report on tv and asked if I had seen it. Just hearing that someone else had seen or heard of this awful diagnosis helped me feel a little less isolated. I would not have known CHERUBS was where I needed to look for info so I think spelling out CDH is helpful to those that just hear the words that don't know yet. Having seen the exact words they heard they will know that they are not alone.

I would just like to say, it is so nice to have someone to talk to while Shelby is here at Riley. Shane (my husband) has gone to get some sleep.
    I like the baby blue and pink with clouds and Cherubs written on it. Maybe we could add our childs name on it!
    Stephanie(Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

I LIKE THE LIGHT BLUE WITH WHITE CLOUDS, PERSONALLY. AND IF YOU ORDER THEM I WOULD LIKE THREE. THANKS!

Bethany, we'll all be purchasing directly from the company.

Still trying to figure out how work the poll stuff for the site.

Let's all suggest ideas and vote by OCTOBER 30th so those of us that want to give them out as holiday gifts can purchase and receive them by then.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada

Turquoise is to close of a color to Teal which is a symbol for ovarian, cervical, and uterine cancers as well as sexual assault, polycystic ovarian syndrome (which I have and wear the ribbon for), and tsunami victims.
    I like the cloud idea, it's unique."