Stay Connected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coupons, formula, etc.

Blog Entries

Coupons, formula, etc.

How many of you out there are like me and get all these awesome formula, pediasure, diaper, etc. coupons and can't use them. You hate to throw them out cause they're so good. Or what about extra unopened containers of formula, thick-it, etc that you can't use anymore. Don't you hate to just pitch it. So many times I've wished I could give my stuff to someone who needs it.

Dawn, would we be able to set up a forum for things like that? People could post what they have and if anyone is interested in the item, then it could be mailed out.

Sure can - anything legal (meaning nothing prescribed or well, illegal). You can post it over on the Misc, Non-CDH forum. http://cdhsupport.org/members/viewforum.php?f=161

Just don't post your addresses to the board please, send them through PM or something.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

Great idea ladies! I just put a post on Craigslist recently to give away Jax's remaining Mickey buttons & port attachments. Found a family locally who had a baby boy w/a Mickey and their insurance had run out. I gave them all the left over supplies they could use. I still have enteral pediasure & Kangaroo Pet feeding bags I hate to throw out. This stuff ain't cheap!
    Love love- Sheri ~ 3x CDH Mom Heavenly Angels: Jacob Issac Robert Green ~ July 2- 1991 Severe L or B CDH diagnosed AB- called Home 3 hrs old on Gma's bday Christian "Chance" Green ~ March 8-31- 1993 LCDH diagnosed @ 20 wks- ECMO 21 days 4 miscarraiges Earthly Angels: Tiffani 17 - mitral valve heart murmur & RF (umbilical H) Abby 13 - L/R ingruinal hernias age 2 (umbilical H) Jaxtyn 28 months - LCDH- ECMO 14 days- other H's: paricardial sac- L/R ingruinal- giant umbilical - meckels diverticulum- failed nissen- former g-tube- plagiocephaly- speech delay- possible autism/PDD

Blog Entries
    When Adam had his Mickey removed the doctor asked me if I wanted to keep it as a souvenier for his memory box. I told him no way! The other day I came across our spare Mickey and was excited that I found it so I could put it in his memory box! Silly me!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

Hmmm...didn't think of that. But Jax's was icky when I took it out. So it went right in the trash. I took it out myself w/the dr's ok.
    Love love- Sheri ~ 3x CDH Mom Heavenly Angels: Jacob Issac Robert Green ~ July 2- 1991 Severe L or B CDH diagnosed AB- called Home 3 hrs old on Gma's bday Christian "Chance" Green ~ March 8-31- 1993 LCDH diagnosed @ 20 wks- ECMO 21 days 4 miscarraiges Earthly Angels: Tiffani 17 - mitral valve heart murmur & RF (umbilical H) Abby 13 - L/R ingruinal hernias age 2 (umbilical H) Jaxtyn 28 months - LCDH- ECMO 14 days- other H's: paricardial sac- L/R ingruinal- giant umbilical - meckels diverticulum- failed nissen- former g-tube- plagiocephaly- speech delay- possible autism/PDD

You know this may sound silly-were trying to put an old Mickey button on a bitty baby for Shelby-anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
    My husband said maybe we should use one of her fav stuffy's-I just can't figure out how to get it to stay. I can not sew!!!LOL
    Stephanie
    Stephanie (Shelby's Mom LCDH 7-10-06)- ECMO 7 days- 2 DH repairs- hital hernia repair- Cliff Lip repair- Nissen and Mickey button. Shelby is eating and drinking by mouth now!!! THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!! Mom to Lexi 8- Morgan 6 and Taylor 5. Blessed to have our little butterfly and our beautiful girls. [url]www.youtube.com/cdhsupport[/url] - Shelby's Journey [img]http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh257/gracebutterfly/CDHAwarenessRibbonShelbysmall.jpg[/img]

Maybe try a big glob of glue from a hot glue gun?

Blog Entries
    Slit a hole in the doll and plug in the Mickey. Hey, it would be really realistic then!
    Kara- mom to Aaron (8-30-03) and Adam- LCDH (8-7-06). Gastric Volvulus at 7 months old; Borderline Chiari Malformation; reherniation- bowel blockage and intestional malrotation at 26 months old; Apraxia of Speech - neurological speech disorder; Auditory Processing Disorder; Asthma; and frequent headaches.

This is one conversation I didn't think we'd ever have - doll surgery. LOL. Too cute. What's a bitty baby? Is that a type of doll? If it's a cloth doll, then poke a hole in it and put the button in and then sew around the hole if you think the doll material will tear. If it's plastic, a hole should be enough. Unless Mic-Keys have changed the past few years.... it has a balloon in it, right? Or a little anchor type piece of plastic.

I didn't keep Shane's... I got rid of all medical stuff immediately. Kept all the "normal" stuff though - toys, clothes, etc. Now I wish I had kept a Mic-key, a trach, and a few other things.
    Mom of Shane (1/28/93-9/11/99) LCDH x6 and multiple complications and birth defects.

Founder and President of CDH International.

Executive Director of:

CDH International USA
    CDH International UK
    CDH International Canada
    CDH International Switzerland
    CDH International Netherlands
    CDH International Singapore
    CDH International Hong Kong

Messages may be answered by CDHi Team.

That's too cute about the doll!
    Jax still pulls his shirt up when he's laying in the floor watching tv and goes to play w/his button. But it's not there so he kind of scratches around the area a bit like he's trying to find it.
    2 years of that thing in...having it out must feel funny now.